Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/03/2015 13:58)R879 HRF Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed certain 487s are overcrouded in peak times, namely the runs that get schools... In the morning there's a short journey from Neston to Birkenhead, normally a solo, see it most mornings. Think this is to relieve overcrouding on the service That used to be ram packed with grammar kids and commuters, often leaving people behind.

Was interested in this additinal journey so checked Merseytravel and Arriva websites, there is not an additional journey operating to Birkenhead only.
(07/03/2015 16:46)moreton407 Wrote: [ -> ]Was interested in this additinal journey so checked Merseytravel and Arriva websites, there is not an additional journey operating to Birkenhead only.

Every week day morning while driving the rail replacement, without fail I see an Arriva solo with 487 Birkenhead on the destination, set down on Argyle Street then blank to not in service. Its around 8.30 am iirc, whether its in the time table or not is another matter.
There most definitely IS a NON additional timetabled 487 AM journey. Its not every day, but runs when needed. Now, again more changes. The Streetlites ARE coming now, Wright Bus has promised the moon. The 487 to to run every 20 minutes.
Former Bootle Pulsars noted today working from LS before leaving for other parts of Arriva were as follows.

Seen by myself today
3111/3113/3118 all noted on the 410, pic of 3118 at Duke Street https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/16743837375/
3117/3121 noted parked up at Birkenhead North station on layover between rail replacement duties.
Also 3120 reported on the 492 by someone else.

Not all have moved over to LS as some have been noted by others still on Bootle services

HTH
(07/03/2015 18:17)2829 Wrote: [ -> ]There most definitely IS a NON additional timetabled 487 AM journey. Its not every day, but runs when needed. Now, again more changes. The Streetlites ARE coming now, Wright Bus has promised the moon. The 487 to to run every 20 minutes.

On the 12th April , there is going to be a timetabled additional 487 journey 0800 from Neston to Birkenhead , its in the Merseytravel timetable update page.
If they're only getting the 6 Streetlites or Enviro200s, but are increasing the frequency, perhaps the plan is to include deckers to interwork from some point along the journey.

With regards to the Solo, I find it a bit bizarre every time I see it, because it is usually packed and it is heading back to Birkenhead. I'd've thought it'd be more sensible to run one out to Neston so it is near Heswall ready to work the 175 or whatever service it is that uses the Solos up that way. I guess they use the 487 Solo for the 492/5.
The Streetlites will be instead of Enviro200s.
(07/03/2015 20:46)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]If they're only getting the 6 Streetlites or Enviro200s, but are increasing the frequency, perhaps the plan is to include deckers to interwork from some point along the journey.

With regards to the Solo, I find it a bit bizarre every time I see it, because it is usually packed and it is heading back to Birkenhead. I'd've thought it'd be more sensible to run one out to Neston so it is near Heswall ready to work the 175 or whatever service it is that uses the Solos up that way. I guess they use the 487 Solo for the 492/5.
I think it normally ends up on the 403/13/14 circuit afterwards.

Regarding it not being in the timetable as previously mentioned, I've since found out it only runs when there is a spare staff member to drive it. I'm not sure on registration or publicity regarding extras, but surely as its an extra and only runs where possible, they don't need to put it in the timetable.. Just a sensible guess though so if somebody else knows the officials regarding extras, do correct me!
(08/03/2015 07:23)R879 HRF Wrote: [ -> ]I think it normally ends up on the 403/13/14 circuit afterwards.

Regarding it not being in the timetable as previously mentioned, I've since found out it only runs when there is a spare staff member to drive it. I'm not sure on registration or publicity regarding extras, but surely as its an extra and only runs where possible, they don't need to put it in the timetable.. Just a sensible guess though so if somebody else knows the officials regarding extras, do correct me!

I understand the Solo that runs as a duplicate 487 from Neston to Birkenhead, then runs dead to Heswall Shore for the first 175 at 09:28.

The other Solo is more often than not found on the 492/495, and usually stays on there all day.
(08/03/2015 10:58)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't need to be registered, or publicised - provided it runs withing five minutes (either side) of another registered journey on exactly the same route (or part thereof).
Surely not five minutes either side as the general rule of running is to stay within 1 minute early and 5 minutes late. If it ran five minutes early, wouldn't that count as running early?
Reference URL's