Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4171 brokedown at Pool Lane,Bromborough traffic lights on 418 at about 2pm today (Friday),seen later on being towed back to Laird Street about 3.30 along Conway Street.Does anyone know why 3011 is not out & about lately not seen it for about 4 or 5 weeks now.
(19/04/2016 17:55)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see the flat fare introduced on the Wirral eventually £2.20 , crossriver flat fare will be £3.30

From June you will be able to buy a all day Merseyside Solo ticket for use on any company from the driver for £4.80.
(17/04/2016 13:14)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]If you can remember the first Wallasey Atlanteans and Birkenhead Daimler Fleetlines being delivered, yes we must be about the same age.

Back to the issue in hand, if this report is true, I wonder why LS is the first depot to have radios fitted?
If my memory is correct Birkenhead fitted their Atlanteans and the last batch of PD2s at LS with radios back in the early 70's.
(24/04/2016 17:48)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]If my memory is correct Birkenhead fitted their Atlanteans and the last batch of PD2s at LS with radios back in the early 70's.

I think that you are correct. The newly-formed MPTE introduced a policy whereby all new and most existing acquired buses were fitted with two-way communication. That was 46 years ago!
does anyone know what will replace the myllenniums - these must be very close to the end of service by now?
(25/04/2016 15:54)lcm453 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know what will replace the myllenniums - these must be very close to the end of service by now?

with the 2016 being put on hold or cancelled I'd say its likely that these knackered old buses will stay until new stock arrives at other depots and go from there
does any of yours have idle vibrations like green lanes?
Yes they all rattle themselves to bits when idling.
To be honest though some of the older buses pre deregulation rattled almost as badly as some of the buses these days , I think we have all as such got used to rattle free cars that we have become very critical of anything rattling .

These days some of the concrete roads and giant hump and table traffic calming measures take a serious toll on vehicles .
(26/04/2016 18:37)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest though some of the older buses pre deregulation rattled almost as badly as some of the buses these days , I think we have all as such got used to rattle free cars that we have become very critical of anything rattling .

These days some of the concrete roads and giant hump and table traffic calming measures take a serious toll on vehicles .

Potholes and sleeping policemen would be my killer. I think I've only been on one of your myllenniums and it wasn't too bad. I mean it was loud and you knew the engine had a hard life from the smell of it. Vibrations wasn't deafening though as I could hear others talking and my own thoughts.
I've always thought few strut beams would solve the rattling. Something I've never noticed installed.
(26/04/2016 21:35)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]I've always thought few strut beams would solve the rattling. Something I've never noticed installed.

I can't see that ever happening. It just isn't practical
Reference URL's