Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that the hybrids are getting their fleet numbers put on in dark numbers on the nearside just under the windscreen (except 4499 which is on the offside).Has someone suddenly realised after nearly 8 years service that you can't see gold numbers on light green especially in the dark.
Does Anyone Know if 2633 is at Birkenhead as it tracked on the 413 And is anything in Exchange?
(25/01/2021 21:51)Busmadperson Wrote: [ -> ]Does Anyone Know if 2633 is at Birkenhead as it tracked on the 413 And is anything in Exchange?

Sister bus 2634 appears to also be at Birkenhead now, tracking on the 413.

EDIT: 2631 is also at Birkenhead.
2644 has left Birkenhead for Runcorn whilst 2530 has headed for Birkenhead, I'm not sure if 2530 has previously been with Birkenhead though but I wouldn't be surprised that the transfer will eventually have it sent for the pools.
Is 5001 still here?, i last heard it was here with it's engine stripped down.
(18/02/2021 16:52)BenWilks88 Wrote: [ -> ]Is 5001 still here?, i last heard it was here with it's engine stripped down.

Still here last week, parked at the back of the yard, not sure if it still is. Will look tomorrow.
See that the clear out at Birkenhead as started this week with 4162 making it final journey to Barnsley
(23/02/2021 16:08)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]See that the clear out at Birkenhead as started this week with 4162 making it final journey to Barnsley

From what I remember, 4162 was at Bootle and did the 345 on September 1st, but never lasted long, could've also been a bus on it's machine.

This was according to bustimes however, and the website is not a reliable source.
[Image: unknown.png]
Just found out via Merseytravel that from last night at 20:00 until 06:30 1 March The Queensway Tunnel is completely closed in both directions and apparently due to delays caused by additional traffic using Kingsway Tunnel most if not all Cross River services are now having to terminate at Hamilton Square Station.

Any passengers wanting to go cross-river are being advised to travel via Merseyrail who are apparently accepting all tickets for the time being.
(23/02/2021 17:31)NathanR Wrote: [ -> ]From what I remember, 4162 was at Bootle and did the 345 on September 1st, but never lasted long, could've also been a bus on it's machine.

This was according to bustimes however, and the website is not a reliable source.
[Image: unknown.png]

That was another bus using the fleet I'd. 4162 I believe was in Yorkshire, before being used as a canteen at Bolton(?)

It's been at the back of Laird St since summer and was towed there from Bolton.

Bus times is not a reliable source. Both 4211 and 4175 were tracking a month or 2 ago, they've not seen service for years. When you log onto the machine it asks you to select a fleet ID from the list, its easy to click the wrong one.
Reference URL's