Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4171 was probably on that route due to the failure of something be it a pulsar or hybrid decker.

Is it my imagination looking at a Pulsar and Streetlite head on , that a streetlite looks a little bit narrower .
I found out last night that 4171 was at Birkenhead stand 6 when it went down because merseytravel were backing vehicles up to divert them out passed the market because 1 had stopped at an angle that blocked the way to stand 7 and the exit by stand 7.

Just because the 1 & 2 are going gold isn't going to make the blindest bit if difference, it will still be late as is everything else in this wretched area.
I've been on the 413/414 that's left Woodside on time but because of the bottlenecks on route have ended up being 10 minutes late, Leasowe Station level crossing is the biggest unavoidable irritant on the route. Since the retiming of the 423 last year that service is now a lot more reliable, only the Bank Holiday service tends to get stuck at Leasowe level crossing.
(16/10/2015 08:50)Myllenium2453 Wrote: [ -> ]I found out last night that 4171 was at Birkenhead stand 6 when it went down because merseytravel were backing vehicles up to divert them out passed the market because 1 had stopped at an angle that blocked the way to stand 7 and the exit by stand 7.

Already mentioned..
(14/10/2015 14:41)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]It's currently broken down in Birkenhead Bus Station stand 6 en route to Chester - due to its positioning other buses can't get round that part of the bus station and back out to Conway Street
(16/10/2015 05:12)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]4171 was probably on that route due to the failure of something be it a pulsar or hybrid decker.

Is it my imagination looking at a Pulsar and Streetlite head on , that a streetlite looks a little bit narrower .

I would agree that it seems narrower; the isle inside seems narrower too.
At least 3 pulsars on the 487 this morning,what's happened to the Streetlights.
(31/10/2015 10:26)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]At least 3 pulsars on the 487 this morning,what's happened to the Streetlights.

6001 was damaged last night by having 2 of its windows smashed on Laird Street returning to the depot from Neston. Not sure on any others.

6002 was also on the 410 yesterday.
There was on 2 on 487 yesterday,the rest were on410/1,492/5,413/4 and 2.Also 4173 has got full length rear advert for Safe,strange choice of vehicle for that?
Its an absolute waste of time buying new buses for use in this area because they just get completely wrecked because a lot of service users DO NOT appreciate the fact that the companies are trying to make the travelling experience better in terms of improving journey times and comfort.

If passengers don't want comfort thrn rip out yhe seats snd either make everybody stand or fit Hard Benches to sit on.
A lot of buses have been known to be bricked in the laird Street area so don't put it down to the majority when its that mindless minority yet again.

You'll also find other companies and areas have the same problem around this time of the year as well.
Reference URL's