Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18/06/2016 15:27)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]Commander 2606 on the 410 today.

Hopefully to start replacing mylenniums with them
Cant see that as theres nothing to replace the Commanders at Speke, This will just be a loan to cover something
Has there been a commander at Birkenhead before ?
(19/06/2016 08:00)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been a commander at Birkenhead before ?

Yes, 2505 spent a day on loan in November 2014...I managed a shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/15712041227

Plus ( think the odd one has been used when the Open Golf was on a few years back (not the more recent one, the one before) between Hoylake & West Kirkby, that was one of the 260* ones too (2604/5?)...and all of 2621-2628 were stored at Laird Street when new.

HTH
(19/06/2016 00:35)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully to start replacing mylenniums with them

very much doubt it as what will replace the buses thats moved? you can only really say when there is conformation of a date of new buses entering service or buses that have been drafted in outside the north west entering service. i know you're saying hopefully but as i asked at the start of this pot, what will replace buses thats moved
(19/06/2016 14:02)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]very much doubt it as what will replace the buses thats moved? you can only really say when there is conformation of a date of new buses entering service or buses that have been drafted in outside the north west entering service. i know you're saying hopefully but as i asked at the start of this pot, what will replace buses thats moved

The Commander is on loan
Unlike the Liverpool garages though Birkenhead doesn't reduce services during the school holidays , so when it comes to the high summer time there is buses available in the Liverpool divisions for use elsewhere as long as they get them back in September.

Never really understood the drop in service in some divisions but not in all divisions during the summer.
(20/06/2016 05:17)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike the Liverpool garages though Birkenhead doesn't reduce services during the school holidays , so when it comes to the high summer time there is buses available in the Liverpool divisions for use elsewhere as long as they get them back in September.

Never really understood the drop in service in some divisions but not in all divisions during the summer.

Speke operate the 699 which comes off in the summer when the university breaks up which creates even more spares for speke.
(20/06/2016 05:17)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike the Liverpool garages though Birkenhead doesn't reduce services during the school holidays , so when it comes to the high summer time there is buses available in the Liverpool divisions for use elsewhere as long as they get them back in September.

In Liverpool there are very few dedicated school bus services compared to those on the Wirral. Consequently, when the schools and colleges close for the holidays there is less demand on regular service bus routes. Prior to deregulation, many Liverpool routes were augmented at peak times but now most routes have a standard frequency throughout the day.
Apparently 4204 is in for a touch up or repaint hence 2606 being here
Reference URL's