Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumours of several hybrid Gemini going to Speke with one already gone and 4108 coming in return..
(21/08/2017 10:28)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]Rumours of several hybrid Gemini going to Speke with one already gone and 4108 coming in return..

4492-4498 off to Speke so I hear......
(21/08/2017 10:43)gka472l Wrote: [ -> ]4492-4498 off to Speke so I hear......

What did you expect once Stagecoach got a stranglehold on the Wirral , the Arriva area on the Wirral will soon be that little bit smaller .
(21/08/2017 10:54)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]What did you expect once Stagecoach got a stranglehold on the Wirral , the Arriva area on the Wirral will soon be that little bit smaller .

I highly doubt it
(21/08/2017 14:26)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Why would B5s be replaced by B7s

Surley if 4108 is at LS it be replacing older B7s or even DLPs or maby its just vositing for MOT?

4495 is the bus now at Speke, more to follow..
(21/08/2017 13:26)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt it

How can you doubt it, from next month arriva wont have any work south of new ferry on east wirral, i would of thought that unthinkable a few years ago, arrivas day ticket covered a huge area some years back but its shrinking, still good value but some direct services have been cut making some trips useless.
a lot of it is down to the the wirral bus review i think.
(21/08/2017 15:50)mtl97 Wrote: [ -> ]How can you doubt it, from next month arriva wont have any work south of new ferry on east wirral, i would of thought that unthinkable a few years ago, arrivas day ticket covered a huge area some years back but its shrinking, still good value but some direct services have been cut making some trips useless.

What I was saying I doubt was wirralbus claiming Stagecoach have a "stranglehold" on the Wirral's bus services. Even with the upcoming PVR reduction at Birkenhead depot Arriva will still be the dominant operator on the peninsula and I doubt that will ever change
(21/08/2017 16:18)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]What I was saying I doubt was wirralbus claiming Stagecoach have a "stranglehold" on the Wirral's bus services. Even with the upcoming PVR reduction at Birkenhead depot Arriva will still be the dominant operator on the peninsula and I doubt that will ever change

Exactly Arriva will still be the main operator for most, Stagecoach only have the 38/38A routes in my area, Arriva have 403/407/413/414/423, 403 soon to be withdrawn, actually Avon have more routes in my area than Stagecoach do, & there are large areas of Wirral were Stagecoach don't have a commercial service, not you but some FMs love to spew out ill-informed garbage on this forum.
(21/08/2017 16:39)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly Arriva will still be the main operator for most, Stagecoach only have the 38/38A routes in my area, Arriva have 403/407/413/414/423, 403 soon to be withdrawn, actually Avon have more routes in my area than Stagecoach do, & there are large areas of Wirral were Stagecoach don't have a commercial service, not you but some FMs love to spew out ill-informed garbage on this forum.

All of this could be academic if, as some pundits have suggested, Steve Rotherham opts for a franchising arrangement in the LCR. In a few years' time, all the buses on the Wirral could be painted yellow, black and grey.
Reference URL's