Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01/02/2016 12:56)2829 Wrote: [ -> ]The 2 is not going to Sapphire of Max. As stated last week, six Pulsars to be refurbished.

Cheers for confirming things I just wanted to confirm from someone who knows the score at LS
(01/02/2016 13:00)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for confirming things I just wanted to confirm from someone who knows the score at LS

They will be repainted of course, fitted with leatger seats and wi-fi
I agree any bus is better than no bus at all.Is it known which pulsars are to be refurbished as the early ones were starting to be repainted and I wondering if it might be them?
[quote='bus401' pid='86278' dateline='1454333964']
I agree any bus is better than no bus at all.Is it known which pulsars are to be refurbished as the early ones were starting to be repainted and I wondering if it might be them

Would make sence to be 3000s.
Probably just going to get roughly the same interior look as Southports Pulsars. The seats being pretty similar to those on MAX buses.
(01/02/2016 09:05)2829 Wrote: [ -> ]You're all missing the point here. It's a not a case of 'what route a bus was purchased for' at all. The Hybrid may have had a problem eariler on so a replacement bus was given. It's likely it has returned to the depot and then been sent back out again. I don't understand this constant yapping from people about 'Oh, THAT shouldn't be on there' would you rather a bus just didn't turn up?

Suspect 3047 is to draw attention to the 2 for the services coming 'upgrade'.

That isn't what I was saying. What I said was in response to Wirralbus saying that he is surprised the CrossRiver hybrids aren't used on the 2 instead of Pulsars. My response to him was that I believe the extra capacity of the hybrids is better used and needed more on the "CrossRiver" routes rather than the 2 - which from what I have seen manages very well with a Pulsar allocation. I fully understand why buses may appear on different routes if necessary - I would much rather a Myllennium or Pulsar turned up on the 12/13 or 15 rather than nothing at all

Green Lane has received 3126 on loan in exchange for 3047
(01/02/2016 12:18)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Then the powers that be shouldnt say oh we got these buses for that route when they end up on all and sundry.

The buses are generally intended for certain routes. And generally speaking, the large majority of the time theyre mostly on the routes intended. The allocators, supervisors or whatever you want to call them are under immense pressure from management to run service, and ideally to lose no milage. If that means sticking a hybrid on a non cross river then so be it. Its pretty common for things to go wrong. People on this forum seem to forget there is a maintenance schedule as well as breakdowns.

Keep in mind that the 492/5 is often allocated buses with known reliability issues (such as 2428 when it needed water topping up on every trip), or buses which are needed for inspection.

Scenario - Hybrid is VOR for its 21 day inspection. Another bus due for 21 day inspection is a DAF, on Beechwoods. The Hybrid is finished and deemed fit. Therefore the DAF comes off for its inspection so Hybrid goes out in its place. Later on another hybrid fails on a 437. only bus in yard is the DAF which is now ready so off it goes on a 437. Then reported later posted on here - "Hybrid on 492 while DAF on 437 what a stupid allocation its not the route it was intended for",etc etc.

Hth.
I agree, you have to look at the bigger picture ,when I report different buses on routes than they are normally on, its more out of interest more than anything else.Its obvious that hybrids or other buses should be on certain routes but that's what makes our hobby or interest more interesting.
Im glad that gold arriva vehicle 3047 is just a one off , from a distance it dont look gold it looks an off colour light orangewhen saw in Bromborough .
At some point in the next couple of months LS will need replacement vehicles for the Millenniums and some of the cascaded double deckers - between 15 and 20 buses. It will be interesting to see what arrives.

Any suggestions?
Reference URL's