Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theres a 59 plate pulsar on the 409 today, I havent seen a pulsar on this service for a very long time

2439 is also on the 410
I have been informed that buses 07 plate onwards are to have their acceleration altered. This meaning they are slower when pulling off. I have asked my source for a picture of the notice displayed in the traffic office. The reason behind this, is to reduce accidents with passengers falling when attempting to sit down. Personally I think this is an appalling idea. Surely there will be more dangers, an example being a heavy flow of traffic coming behind a slow moving bus. Member R557 ABA mentioned this to me in the past.
3011 also on the 407/471/472 services today.
(07/03/2014 19:20)2829 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think this is an appalling idea. Surely there will be more dangers, an example being a heavy flow of traffic coming behind a slow moving bus.

This could cause issues when pulling out in heavy traffic too if the acceleration is slower, particularly when pulling out at the roundabout when exiting the queensway tunnel in Liverpool
Has anybody seen pulsar 3001? (MX59 AAF) i havent seen it in months...
(11/03/2014 17:44)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody seen pulsar 3001? (MX59 AAF) i havent seen it in months...

Pretty sure I saw it on a 2 yesterday morning
(11/03/2014 17:44)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody seen pulsar 3001? (MX59 AAF) i havent seen it in months...

3001 has gone to a private company to receive a new engine.
(12/03/2014 11:20)2829 Wrote: [ -> ]3001 has gone to a private company to receive a new engine.

Surely Arriva must have the capability to swap out an engine themselves?
(12/03/2014 21:17)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]Surely Arriva must have the capability to swap out an engine themselves?

Birkenhead have a lot on at the moment and it 100% isn't at Saint Helens. One wonders if it something Arriva themselves can not fix. I will try and find out exactly where it is.
Arriva have transplanted engines themselves. A St Helens Pulsar also recently visited an external contractor for a new engine though. As has been mentioned, it could quite simply be down to the engineering department being too busy with other work to replace an engine within the required time frame so an external contractor becomes the only choice.
Reference URL's