Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27/11/2016 21:52)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder whether these service enhancements will continue after the end of the track renewal work.

I'd be very surprised if they did. The vehicles being used for the rail replacement work are needed at their respective depots once the track has been replaced
Been tried before, then went back to current level of frequency which is adequate when the track work is finished.
A few of the new Volvo B5LH/Gemini 3s have arrived at Laird Street this morning, they look surprisingly good in the hybrid livery.
(27/11/2016 22:13)SL64 JDZ Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be very surprised if they did. The vehicles being used for the rail replacement work are needed at their respective depots once the track has been replaced

I agree that these changes are only likely to be temporary but if Arriva can get its act together and persuade frustrated motorists and train users commuting into Liverpool that there are other, cheaper ways of getting across the river the peak hour enhancements could remain. A reliable, comfortable efficient service is a must. Waiting around in the cold and the rain and then boarding a bus without heaters won't help.
I sometimes think the fact that there is no bus only toll at Wallasey Tunnel entrance/exit might put people off too. Waiting behind numerous caravans, vans, lorries, coaches and people without correct change leads to big tail backs, especially at peak hour. It certainly puts me off getting a bus over at peak time.
This is were i find the Arriva LiveMap useful, although it's not perfect, plus that knowing some LS Crossriver routes interwork helps keep track where the bus towards Liverpool for the route i want to use.
Is there a reason that despite there being one for Queensway Tunnel that there isn't a Bus Only Toll for Wallasey Tunnel surely it can't be that hard to implament one even if its only used Peak Hours only.
I thought the buses used the left hand two , alongside the HGV's .

Do not forget the Birkenhead Tunnel doesnt have to to contend with HGV hence it can use what would be the big vehicle lane for Buses only.
Wallasey doesnt have that many buses compared Queensway except when Queens is closed and everything is diverted. To my knowledge, Wallasey only has a bus every 10 mins but Queensway has a lot, lot more with all the different buses.
I know the Birkenhead Tunnel has a dedicated bus lane and toll booth Liverpool Bound , is the dedicated bus lane and toll booth at the Chester Street exit for services from Liverpool.
Reference URL's