Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/10/2018 14:38)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone think if Arriva didnt have the Rail Reps today & yesterday (2 buses), they would have stepped in on more routes or do people think Arriva have only jumped on the routes they want?

I think they are on the whole only willing to consider routes around Birkenhead & Wallasey, with those further afield (eg from Eastham Rake to Heswall) being ignored. Maybe Stagecoach will consider a few extra routes in south Wirral shortly?
(06/10/2018 18:27)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I think they are on the whole only willing to consider routes around Birkenhead & Wallasey, with those further afield (eg from Eastham Rake to Heswall) being ignored. Maybe Stagecoach will consider a few extra routes in south Wirral shortly?

Possibly. Could that be due to the money made on those routes or is it down to lack of buses and trying to stick to routes close to where they already run.

I have noticed though that the routes they have jumped on are in Stagecoach areas. (83A between Moreton Cross and West Kirby, 18 between Birkenhead and Tollemanche Road. Previously only Avon and Stagecoach ran along these sections). It will be interesting to see how long Arriva stick on routes. Also protecting their areas with the 122 (with Netherton and Thornton being Arriva areas and the 122 practically the same route as the 63, they won't want Stagecoach getting a glimpse of the passenger numbers).
2501 on 83A today
(08/10/2018 15:29)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]2501 on 83A today

2614 also out http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/43367239760 along with 2599 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/43367240630 4211 also spotted
According to the registration of the new 10A & 83A Arriva will operate the service until the 17th of November
Any one any idea what bus failed in the Wallasey tunnel this morning and caused mayhem ?
About time LS started getting some more decent deckers, Streetlite on 437 and Pulsar on 471 today it’s not good enough they have to protect their premier routes! Some commanders are going to Runcorn apparently so that’s more decent large vehicles lost probably to be replaced with rubbish low capacity Cadets and Centros.
(09/10/2018 16:00)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]About time LS started getting some more decent deckers, Streetlite on 437 and Pulsar on 471 today it’s not good enough they have to protect their premier routes! Some commanders are going to Runcorn apparently so that’s more decent large vehicles lost probably to be replaced with rubbish low capacity Cadets and Centros.

This issue is bigger than one depot. The fact that Arriva has halted its fleet replacement programme is creating problems across the whole country.
(09/10/2018 16:51)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is bigger than one depot. The fact that Arriva has halted its fleet replacement programme is creating problems across the whole country.

I do wonder what will happen if Arriva's German owners pull the plug over Brexit.
(09/10/2018 17:36)EDB325 Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder what will happen if Arriva's German owners pull the plug over Brexit.

I cant see Arriva going bust with them being one of 'the Big Five' bus firms I think DB would most likely sell off their UK businesses if they aren't happy with whatever Brexit outcome happens.
Reference URL's