Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05/08/2018 06:16)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]As previously stated route 14 is diverted via Pinehurst Avenue which has low tree branches.

When Bootle first received its deckers for the 52 it also had to withdraw them until large tree branches were removed by Sefton council from the route. In the past, an old decker used to be converted by LCPT to a tree lopper.
4837 is on the 68 today.
(05/08/2018 17:54)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]4837 is on the 68 today.

Hybrids on the 68/68A aren't unusual these days
First time that I have seen one. I do not recall seeing one reported previously.
I would say there is hybrids on 68s quite regularly as well, I've never really seen the need to report one on there due to the regularity
They are probably more common last week (and next week) because the 14 has had to have single deckers on it (same scenario at Stagecoach) as they are diverted up Pinehurst Avenue which has very low overhanging trees so both operators are using single deckers on them so the usual 14 allocation is on other routes.
Yes they are at the moment, but they aren't exactly uncommon in normal times either.
Hybrid 4840 was noted near Maghull Station this morning, with around half a dozen drivers on it. Probably route learning for future rail replacement services.
(08/08/2018 21:57)Olympian2100 Wrote: [ -> ]Hybrid 4840 was noted near Maghull Station this morning, with around half a dozen drivers on it. Probably route learning for future rail replacement services.

I saw a Gemini 3 hybrid go in and out of Maghull Station a few times a couple of weeks ago. At first I wondered wether they had taken on Schools work for when the new term starts next month and were route learning?
(09/08/2018 06:30)MX12CFE Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a Gemini 3 hybrid go in and out of Maghull Station a few times a couple of weeks ago. At first I wondered wether they had taken on Schools work for when the new term starts next month and were route learning?

Merseyrail are to upgrade stations to be able to use their new trains from 2020 without any problems. They will close batches of stations at a time and the hybrids will probably be used on rail replacement services over the closed section.
Reference URL's