Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29/04/2016 22:09)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]The Arriva North West facebook page have stated once again that further deckers ARE expected this year for Green Lane (Despite saying the opposite earlier this month).

Just a thought but I wonder if the forthcoming EU referendum has anything to do with this delayed order? Arriva is owned by the German government and, in the event of a Leave vote, it may well be that Arrival UK could be up for sale.
I thought the initial hold up earlier this month was due to financial problems in Germany.
Im led to believe it wasn't down to financial problems in DB and was down to another reason from what id heard.
(29/04/2016 22:33)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Just a thought but I wonder if the forthcoming EU referendum has anything to do with this delayed order? Arriva is owned by the German government and, in the event of a Leave vote, it may well be that Arrival UK could be up for sale.

Nothing to do with the EU Referendum. Arriva have operations in a non-EU country
If Arriva was to be sold off by DB who would have the might to take them on as one going concern , it would highly likely have to be sold off in desirable pieces .
(30/04/2016 18:45)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]If Arriva was to be sold off by DB who would have the might to take them on as one going concern , it would highly likely have to be sold off in desirable pieces .

That was my point. The DB empire is to be carved up and which parts will, to some extent, be determined by the German government after the referendum. It wouldn't make any financial sense to make a multimillion pound investment and then sell it off at a loss months later
London area operations , Manchester , Merseyside and Tyne and Wear services are probably the most lucrative bus operations .

The other bus operations would go up for sale and see what they can get and if no takers would be slowly wound down , remember how Arriva's mid wales operations closed down.
(29/04/2016 22:09)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]The Arriva North West facebook page have stated once again that further deckers ARE expected this year for Green Lane (Despite saying the opposite earlier this month).

Arriva didn't exactly say the opposite in previous posts. They simply claimed that it was highly likely that Green Lane would receive further deckers, but it wasn't currently confirmed. Evidently by their latest posts, this position has changed.

I think the fact they have started sharing the deckers between the 14 and 15 is a clear indication that more are due imminently. Let's not forget the 18 though, which also desperately needs the extra capacity during the peaks and indeed on late journeys which can be absolutely painful to use.
(30/04/2016 19:01)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]London area operations , Manchester , Merseyside and Tyne and Wear services are probably the most lucrative bus operations .

The other bus operations would go up for sale and see what they can get and if no takers would be slowly wound down , remember how Arriva's mid wales operations closed down.

I would hardly say Arriva's Manchester operations are Lucrative, Theres hardly anything left up that way!
Off topic but a reply to T42. Arriva have Massacred most of their operations into Greater Manchester especially @ Bolton makes you wonder if a sale of those operations would be on the cards as they are so out of the way and the Arriva Greater Manchester day ticket or whatever they call it this week is such poor value for money compared to a System 1.

i can see Stagecoach Transdev or even Diamond as suiters for Bolton or Manchester
Reference URL's