Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The old chestnut of the Warrington service being cut have started again,latest one is 7 going as
far as Cronton only because of funding cuts
(08/12/2015 10:57)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]The old chestnut of the Warrington service being cut have started again,latest one is 7 going as

It sounds unlikey, perhaps a drop in frequency? ie. Hourly to Cronton, Hourly to Warrington?
However if it did cease to exist, it would have to serve either Widnes or Hough Green due to here being insufficient space for the bus to turn around and to layover awaiting departure time. Also there would be a lack of any bus route at all along South Lane entirely, and on Sundays (extending a large portion from Cronton to Penketh a distance of over 5 miles!).

Problems with turning around short:
Lunts Heath roundabout is unsuitable for layovers - The unused roundabout layover bus stop is inaccesable from the point at which the bus would turn
Derby Road roundabout has no layover space, unsuitable for bus to sit in road as it's often used by Trucks.
Cronton Village isn't the most suitable due to nature of the roads, but full size buses can and awkwardly do get around on the 26, depending on car parking.
Cronton College would be served due to patronage (One of the main reasons for increased frequency)
I doubt it will be the daytime service being cut, at half hourly it cant be doing that badly (it would be reduced first!), its not supported, more like the evenings which has tried to be cut numerous times and receives some de minimus payment towards it, hence that being chopped and changed over recent years.
(07/12/2015 20:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]They were re-freshed around 2010/11. Most received new seat cushions, repaint and LED's

Other than the ones that were repainted when they went to Green Lane and the 3 that were already in the new livery, most of the original St Helens Renowns haven't been repainted since new and still have the 'serving Merseyside' under the Arriva logo.
(08/12/2015 10:57)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]The old chestnut of the Warrington service being cut have started again,latest one is 7 going as

Just wondering, are you able to mention the source for this?
Having spoken to a number of Warringtonians, they are reluctant to use the 7 as it takes much longer than catching the train.
The old 6 route was much more direct (it's almost a straight line) and it would still work if they put the extension from Huyton to Warrington onto the 6 instead of the 7 again, though it would mean interworking the two, but I can't see there being any issues with that.

E.g.
... 6. 7. 6. 7
LIV 08 23 38 53
HUY 42 09 12 39
WTN 22 -- 52 --

... 6. 7. 6. 7
WTN 28 -- 58 --
HUY 08 16 38 46
LIV 47 02 17 32

EDIT: I've had a look on Traveline and can't find any mention of the 7 at all from January 2016 onwards! Confused
3050 is finally back at Green Lane. It is on the 12/13 this evening
(09/12/2015 13:47)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering, are you able to mention the source for this?
Having spoken to a number of Warringtonians, they are reluctant to use the 7 as it takes much longer than catching the train.
The old 6 route was much more direct (it's almost a straight line) and it would still work if they put the extension from Huyton to Warrington onto the 6 instead of the 7 again, though it would mean interworking the two, but I can't see there being any issues with that.

E.g.
... 6. 7. 6. 7
LIV 08 23 38 53
HUY 42 09 12 39
WTN 22 -- 52 --

... 6. 7. 6. 7
WTN 28 -- 58 --
HUY 08 16 38 46
LIV 47 02 17 32

EDIT: I've had a look on Traveline and can't find any mention of the 7 at all from January 2016 onwards! Confused
Been mentioned by a couple of GL drivers about the cuts,i could never understand why they
swopped the 6/7 route around,the time is increased even more now since wbt stopped one
of the penketh locals,7 picks up a lot more people now in the warrington boundary.
4659 is on 68 right now, unusual for a weekday.
(10/12/2015 08:28)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Been mentioned by a couple of GL drivers about the cuts,i could never understand why they
swopped the 6/7 route around,the time is increased even more now since wbt stopped one
of the penketh locals,7 picks up a lot more people now in the warrington boundary.

Yeah, tbh it's hard to resolve, but the 7 and 110 aren't co-ordinated very well between Penketh and Warrington, meaning that one of the 7's per hour does very well on this stretch, but the other does not (though that is making the wildly unrealistic assumption of working to the timetable!)

Tbh, when I'm travelling into Liverpool, I often don't catch the 7 anyway.
E.g. today I was waiting for the 7, but it looked like it wasn't showing up, so rather than wait another 30 mins in the rain, I got on the 110 which came along instead (at which point the 7 promptly arrived of course), with the intention of transferring onto the X1 at Runcorn.
(As it happens, that didn't show up either -- I actually ended up getting the 79C, which was then diverted, meaning that so overall it took about 3hrs to get into Liverpool).
(10/12/2015 19:49)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, tbh it's hard to resolve, but the 7 and 110 aren't co-ordinated very well between Penketh and Warrington, meaning that one of the 7's per hour does very well on this stretch, but the other does not (though that is making the wildly unrealistic assumption of working to the timetable!)

Tbh, when I'm travelling into Liverpool, I often don't catch the 7 anyway.
E.g. today I was waiting for the 7, but it looked like it wasn't showing up, so rather than wait another 30 mins in the rain, I got on the 110 which came along instead (at which point the 7 promptly arrived of course), with the intention of transferring onto the X1 at Runcorn.
(As it happens, that didn't show up either -- I actually ended up getting the 79C, which was then diverted, meaning that so overall it took about 3hrs to get into Liverpool).

Would it not of been easier going to Warrington, then St. Helens or Newton le Willows and then to Liverpool?
Reference URL's