Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Runcorn would be a good destination for the 58/09 plates as they would be put to good use on the 79C and 110, but we will have to wait and see!
(06/12/2015 19:56)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Which ones were they, 3047/8, any more as really can't remember, as for 2261 being parked where it is, does that mean that it is probably not for scrap.

The pulsars that went to Green Lane from St Helens were 3023/24/25/26/47/48
(06/12/2015 20:43)sth77 Wrote: [ -> ]The pulsars that went to Green Lane from St Helens were 3023/24/25/26/47/48

Thanks.
(06/12/2015 19:46)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]I was told the pulsars that went to green lane from st helens would be returning to st helens

I wouldn't be surprised with that to be honest. Those six Pulsars and the possible ten new double deckers for St Helens that you mentioned would come to sixteen - which would be enough to the vast majority of the Renowns. It'll be interesting to see what happens that's for sure

(06/12/2015 20:20)MX12 KVM Wrote: [ -> ]Runcorn would be a good destination for the 58/09 plates as they would be put to good use on the 79C and 110, but we will have to wait and see!

I agree - Runcorn would be an ideal depot for the Pulsars displaced from Green Lane to boost capacity on the 79C and 110. The 58-reg examples could well be a possibility - but as Motormayhem has said the six ex Skelmersdale Pulsar 2s are possibly going back to St Helens - so those and six other Pulsars could end up leaving instead of the 09s if/when the electric buses arrive
Personally i would of thought replacing the cadets at runcorn with pulsars from green lane then the cadets could replace the renowns at st helens but then it means replacing big buses with shorter ones at st helens.
(06/12/2015 22:14)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally i would of thought replacing the cadets at runcorn with pulsars from green lane then the cadets could replace the renowns at st helens but then it means replacing big buses with shorter ones at st helens.

What are the Welsh depots like for buses? Are they short on any?
(06/12/2015 22:52)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]What are the Welsh depots like for buses? Are they short on any?

Chester depot currently has the ex-Blue Bus Cadets (2556/7) which I am presuming will be replaced next year - so that could be a possibility. There'll be around fifteen Darts (I think) to replace in Wales at some point next year as well but I'm not sure whether it'll be cascaded or new stock that will replace them. Interesting times ahead
(07/12/2015 00:05)SL64 JDZ Wrote: [ -> ]Chester depot currently has the ex-Blue Bus Cadets (2556/7) which I am presuming will be replaced next year - so that could be a possibility. There'll be around fifteen Darts (I think) to replace in Wales at some point next year as well but I'm not sure whether it'll be cascaded or new stock that will replace them. Interesting times ahead

I could see the commanders at St Helens cascading replacing all the MPD darts as a commander are a touch bigger aren't they and some. As for the vast amout of pulsars some would replace the tired B10s and commanders, some being cascaded to replace cadets leaving a handful at GL.
No unlikely to be commanders as they are too long and too big, full sized single deckers replacing MPD's, cadets would be more likely but even they could be too big, probably more new shorter Enviro200's or who knows maybe some london cascades.
(07/12/2015 07:17)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]I could see the commanders at St Helens cascading replacing all the MPD darts as a commander are a touch bigger aren't they and some. As for the vast amout of pulsars some would replace the tired B10s and commanders, some being cascaded to replace cadets leaving a handful at GL.

The Commanders won't be leaving St Helens any time soon. As Commanders are a few metres longer than an MPD they aren't really suitable replacements - the Cadets at Runcorn would be far more suitable and a lot more likely - but as MPTE1955 has said (and I agree) even they might be too big for certain routes. As it's been mentioned it's possible it could be those Cadets or it could be some more new Enviro200s. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few months

If the electric buses are ordered then Green Lane will be keeping 30-35 Pulsars as I mentioned yesterday for the 6/7, 8/9 and 68
Reference URL's