Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I don't know where else to post this so here goes! With the council's rejig of Lime Street, there is a puzzling unused stretch of road outside St Johns car park. For buses coming out of Queen Square, the traffic lights would direct buses to the right to go down Lime Street towards the big house (once the concrete slabs are removed of course!). But coming the other way, the buses coming from Great Charlotte Street could also do a left towards Queen Square again directed by traffic signals. So question is when is this to be used, in which direction will it allow buses to travel. And no this is not keeping me awake at night!
(02/06/2023 17:00)davros275 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I don't know where else to post this so here goes! With the council's rejig of Lime Street, there is a puzzling unused stretch of road outside St Johns car park. For buses coming out of Queen Square, the traffic lights would direct buses to the right to go down Lime Street towards the big house (once the concrete slabs are removed of course!). But coming the other way, the buses coming from Great Charlotte Street could also do a left towards Queen Square again directed by traffic signals. So question is when is this to be used, in which direction will it allow buses to travel. And no this is not keeping me awake at night!

Was reading something a while back the Bus Lane on Lime Street needs re-doing as its not wide enough so wont open until this is done
4806 is currently tracking as Green Ln’s spare ticket machine
I've been told 4655 is being painted. I haven't seen or driven it recently, so take it as you will. I'll update if I hear or see otherwise.

Again, apologies for duff info last time. Have booked Specsavers appointment. Smile
For those interested, repainted Enviros are 4651, 4652, 4653, 4654, 4657, 4661, 4668, 4675, 4676, with 4655 away.
According to Merseytravel, Liverpool ONE services (10A/18) will not serve Liverpool ONE for a full week starting from June 18th owing to the closure of Lord Street, surely they can't just divert the service down Water Street and then head into Liverpool ONE from the Strand to terminate there?

And then heading out of Liverpool ONE, why not turn left onto Castle Street, then right onto Cook Street to head onto Victoria Street to continue normal route? Seems like Merseytravel are having a laugh in my opinion with this.

Edit: I just noticed that the Stagecoach 10A doesn't have to terminate Queen Square and can terminate/commence from Liverpool ONE by diverting alongside what I obviously mentioned above, very bold move by Merseytravel owing to the fact that 10A frequency will basically be halved.
4657 has had a Pride flag applied.
The Stagecoach 10As would have to serve Liverpool ONE anyway as all the driver breaks are taken at that end of the route and a driver may be on a 82/86/C second half.
(16/06/2023 18:54)CX06 EBK Wrote: [ -> ]The Stagecoach 10As would have to serve Liverpool ONE anyway as all the driver breaks are taken at that end of the route and a driver may be on a 82/86/C second half.

Not necessarily, drivers diagrams can be amended so that no interworking takes place
(16/06/2023 17:51)CUL 73V Wrote: [ -> ]4657 has had a Pride flag applied.

Does it carry the pride vinyl like 4412 and 20 please?
Reference URL's