Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume the figure of 36 quoted on the side of the 10B Enviro400s is a mistake and they actually mean 37, as Bootle would be due 17 then which would be strange for a route only requiring 12 buses.

Just to say as well, it was a great day yesterday. Fantastic to see double deckers at Green Lane again and even better to meet up with a few other members of the forum. Hopefully this is just the start of a great 2015 in Liverpool bus-wise.

All eleven of the new buses were out, but were rotated a couple of times during the day. 4587 began in service but dropped out mid-morning and was temporarily replaced by a Pulsar (2954 if memory serves). Out of the four I rode, 4593 was the clear highlight as it was faultless throughout. The disappointment was 4590 which although as smooth and nippy as you would expect from a brand new bus, did have a noisy squeak coming from the lower deck. 4586 and 4594 were decent but not perfect.

The Victoria Street destination has been used on the 10B route for at least the last three weeks, although one or two still seem to show Dale Street from time to time.
You sound really encouraged by GL having double-deckers again 507009. I doubt they have had any since the Titans in the late 90s.
(03/01/2015 23:08)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]You sound really encouraged by GL having double-deckers again 507009. I doubt they have had any since the Titans in the late 90s.

I think the last new deckers in this area maybe the R reg Olympians although could be wrong. Prior to these, the last new deckers were the F YTJ Olympians back in 1989 - I know 0251 - 0260 were St Helens last new deckers. Just over a quarter of a century ago.
I rode 4590 Friday & I heard a slight squeak, I assumed it was normal with being a brand new bus. I thought it was a very bumpy ride but I again I put that down to it being a brand new vehicle and of course very poor highway maintenance. Very smart & spacious inside massive improvement over a Pulsar.
Some new vehicles do ride a bit hard on there suspension for a short while as they bed in , but that should work its way out considering the state of a lot of the roads in Liverpool .
(03/01/2015 23:48)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I think the last new deckers in this area maybe the R reg Olympians although could be wrong. Prior to these, the last new deckers were the F YTJ Olympians back in 1989 - I know 0251 - 0260 were St Helens last new deckers. Just over a quarter of a century ago.

R reg olympians were all at Gm so the last new deckers at GL may have been the E reg olympians. The last new deckers to go anywhere near 10's were the F Reg olympians from St helens.
Noted 4587 on a 12E to the depot from town early afternoon yesterday,probably common at night but not so much
during the day now,a throw back to the Corpy Stanley days this one happy days those were
(04/01/2015 07:34)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]R reg olympians were all at Gm so the last new deckers at GL may have been the E reg olympians. The last new deckers to go anywhere near 10's were the F Reg olympians from St helens.

Thanks for the clarification MPTE. Can't believe it's so long ago since we new deckers in St Helens. Let's hope lessons have been learnt and we don't have to wait another 25 years for the next batch of new deckers.
(04/01/2015 09:31)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the clarification MPTE. Can't believe it's so long ago since we new deckers in St Helens. Let's hope lessons have been learnt and we don't have to wait another 25 years for the next batch of new deckers.

No problem, of course we know that one man was mainly responsible for turning deckers into 35 seater rattle boxes. Hopefully we won't see the likes of decker depravation again for depots that need them.
(04/01/2015 16:21)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, of course we know that one man was mainly responsible for turning deckers into 35 seater rattle boxes. Hopefully we won't see the likes of decker depravation again for depots that need them.

Suspect another reason for all these double deckers is the discontinuation of the Pulsar......
Reference URL's