Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is/was being used by Runcorn Depot
(11/04/2017 17:21)Y727 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea where 2474 could have been heading off to?

One possibilty is a replacement vehicle for the 21 or X30.

Failing that, could be any of the Welsh depots Smile
Apparently 2900 is the first Green Lane bus to be painted into the new livery
If anyone wants a back massage in idle feel free to climb aboard 2901.. Internal rattles are quite strong to say the least
(12/04/2017 14:41)Neoplan N4009 Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone wants a back massage in idle feel free to climb aboard 2901.. Internal rattles are quite strong to say the least

Not a fan of this one myself either. It'll only be here for another couple of months though before it moves on to a new depot
(12/04/2017 15:51)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of this one myself either. It'll only be here for another couple of months though before it moves on to a new depot

That's true! As much as to me The Pulsar I's feel slightly better built than the II's I guess with changes in Weight saving material overtime has made an impact.. As well as the road conditions
(12/04/2017 22:27)Neoplan N4009 Wrote: [ -> ]That's true! As much as to me The Pulsar I's feel slightly better built than the II's I guess with changes in Weight saving material overtime has made an impact.. As well as the road conditions

I personally prefer the Pulsar 2s. I find the best batches of Pulsars we've had are the native 10-reg and the 14-reg examples. The rest I can take or leave - although I'll admit I really liked 2642-4 when we had those until they were swapped for 4412 and 4622 from Bootle in 2015. The only 58-reg Pulsar I've ever been particularly keen on is 2673 which is now at St Helens
(12/04/2017 15:51)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of this one myself either. It'll only be here for another couple of months though before it moves on to a new depot

Probably to LS which seems to have taken over from GL as the depot with most rubbish Laugh
(13/04/2017 07:51)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Probably to LS which seems to have taken over from GL as the depot with most rubbish Laugh

I'm not too sure that LS qualifies as the depot with the oldest and/or clapped out fleet. Clearly Speke and GL with a recent influx of new deckers has a very young age profile, but Bootle's most recent new deliveries were 14 Enviro400s over two years ago in exchange for 13 reg Pulsars that moved out of the area. The ex-London cascades depoted at Bootle that are almost 15 years old still see daily service on the front line.
(13/04/2017 07:51)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Probably to LS which seems to have taken over from GL as the depot with most rubbish Laugh

I'm not sure where they 2900-2 or 2960-4 are going. 2674/5 are going to St Helens

(13/04/2017 08:10)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not too sure that LS qualifies as the depot with the oldest and/or clapped out fleet. Clearly Speke and GL with a recent influx of new deckers has a very young age profile, but Bootle's most recent new deliveries were 14 Enviro400s over two years ago in exchange for 13 reg Pulsars that moved out of the area. The ex-London cascades depoted at Bootle that are almost 15 years old still see daily service on the front line.

Just to clarify - Bootle actually received 16 Enviro400s for the 52/52A but due to a PVR reduction 4621 moved to St Helens (along with 4414) and 4622 moved to Green Lane (along with 4412 in exchange for 2642-4) shortly after they arrived. Bootle is due to receive a batch of 5/6 double deckers for the 55 in a couple of months' time so at least it will be receiving brand new stock this year whilst many other depots in the North West and Wales won't be

Even so I don't think Bootle or Birkenhead have it that bad. About five years or so ago Runcorn was the depot in the North West and Wales with the newest fleet - fast forward to 2017 Runcorn depot now has the oldest fleet in the North West and Wales. If I think on later I'll have a look at my depot average age figures and share them here
Reference URL's