Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4659 (SK15GYU) has been delivered today, giving Green Lane enough Enviro400s to cover the weekday route 15 PVR from Tuesday.

Photo here. Copyright David Oakley.
2706 has returned to St Helens, it is now parked up on the front fence at the depot.
4646/7, 4650-3 and 4655 are out today on the 15. An interesting couple of differences between these and the 64 plate models is an illuminated Arriva logo in a Perspex panel on the staircase and the CCTV monitor on the upper deck.
I managed to sample all of the seven Enviro400s that entered traffic today. Overall I was extremely impressed with all of them - with 4650 and 4651 being two that stood out for me. At the start of the day loadings were generally quite light - but these soon picked up very well as the day went on and clearly showed why the 15 (and 12/13) need a full double deck allocation

I think that the "Double Vision" adverts are really good marketing - it's excellent to see Arriva continuing to promote their investments as with the "Posh and Double Decks" adverts. I heard a lot of positive comments about the new buses over the course of the day - one in particular was a passenger asking the driver if the bus had free WiFi prior to boarding - this certainly seemed to be a deciding factor in his decision to travel on the 15 instead of the other services that operate between Huyton and Liverpool City Centre!
(03/05/2015 19:32)SL64 JDZ Wrote: [ -> ]At the start of the day loadings were generally quite light - but these soon picked up very well as the day went on and clearly showed why the 15 (and 12/13) need a full double deck allocation

And for anyone reading this back some time in the future, this was on a Sunday!
Glad to hear the vehicles have made a good start -- they seem to be just what was needed.
Don't get all this posh business because really they are not, they have normal seats with leather covers, hardly posh. They have Wi-fi, but I would expect this with new buses these days, so posh, well no not really. Some of the new buses are starting to rattle in certain places like the older ones and the ride quality is not as good as you would expect from a newer bus as well as I have had better rides on a B7.
However, don't get me wrong, I am greatful to have them as they were needed and they are a step up from pulsars, but posh really!!
A 64-plate Enviro400 (think it was 4587) was on 15 lates tonight!
(03/05/2015 20:39)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get all this posh business because really they are not, they have normal seats with leather covers, hardly posh. They have Wi-fi, but I would expect this with new buses these days, so posh, well no not really. Some of the new buses are starting to rattle in certain places like the older ones and the ride quality is not as good as you would expect from a newer bus as well as I have had better rides on a B7.
However, don't get me wrong, I am greatful to have them as they were needed and they are a step up from pulsars, but posh really!!

To be honest it is just marketing. I wouldn't take it too seriously, you know how these things go, some people are paid mega money to come up with an advertising campaign without so much as seeing the buses in real life. They are above and beyond anything that has been on these routes in the past few years at least. Although I can quite agree, the B7TLs give better rides for the most part.
(04/05/2015 00:09)CX06 EBK Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest it is just marketing. I wouldn't take it too seriously, you know how these things go, some people are paid mega money to come up with an advertising campaign without so much as seeing the buses in real life. They are above and beyond anything that has been on these routes in the past few years at least. Although I can quite agree, the B7TLs give better rides for the most part.

Absolutely, they are a lot better than these routes have seen for a long long time, as well as being the first deckers they have seen for ages. As for marketing etc, oh yes also agreed, somebody got paid a ridiculous amount of money to come up with the posh and double decked slogan.
To be honest when the new cymru coastliner x5/5 route was launched with new pulsar 2's the general public still till this very day still think they are posh buses, its clever marketing to us folks, but to the customer they are special
Reference URL's