Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4112 is on the 26/27, I wonder if these 2 loans are to cover the Withdrawal of 2467 and 2471
Even if they are just here on loan, it adds a nice bit of variety to the decker fleet. Something that GL hasn't really had.
4108 has been spotted on the 8/9 so thats 3 now!
They're on loan as extra capacity for the Grand National weekend. 4129 was in the depot earlier with a number of others also present
(04/04/2017 16:57)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]They're on loan as extra capacity for the Grand National weekend. 4129 was in the depot earlier with a number of others also present

Ahh right, that makes sense. I remember a similar thing happened during the Cunard event back in 2015.
Do Green Lane have any services going through Aintree for this event? Would of been better to give these to Bootle and Southport
(04/04/2017 18:33)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Do Green Lane have any services going through Aintree for this event? Would of been better to give these to Bootle and Southport

I get what you mean but I'd imagine it'll be like previous years where B7TLs have been brought in on loan here and they'll be used to boost capacity on Green Lane's own routes. I know the 922 shuttle service is being strengthened to boost capacity as much as possible but whether it's Green Lane or another depot providing the vehicles for Arriva's share of the route I don't know

I do think your idea is good and in the long term I think the best solution to providing extra capacity for large events such as the Grand National would be to either buy or bring in more double deckers for Green Lane (it's not like they aren't needed) and then Speke's double deckers can go on loan to Bootle and Southport to boost capacity on their routes as you've suggested
VDLs 3078, 3162, 3163 and 3164 are up at Aintree Racecourse for the shuttle service
4122 has been out on the 15 this afternoon
Passed 7911 in Scotland Road this morning (8 April) , showing route 27. Not sure if it was in service or just on a test run.
Reference URL's