Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning before about 11.30, Pulsar 2643 CX07CTE heading M6 South between junction 24 -23, what going on this bus on M6, I've seen 2643 refreshed repainted must be from some where on the way to merseyside. The driver wear dark red t-shirt.
Been off site for repaint so will just have been on its way back and has actually arrived back.
R329 WVR reported recently that two of the 58-reg Pulsars had been to Burnley for repaint - I would assume that's where 2643 was on the way back from
At least 2 Mylleniums where on the 18 today them being 2469 and 2473!
2644 has gone away for repaint in Burnley
(08/08/2015 14:59)mathias Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully not for much longer.
Now that GL has got new deckers, they'll come in very handy for the new football season.

If any route needs the new deckers, the 26/27 is it!Wink

But will they want hordes of football supporters on new buses, especially after the match in which (hopefully) the likes of Chelsea or MU lost ??
2955 would appear to be the latest repaint, seen it earlier on 9.
(14/08/2015 19:02)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]But will they want hordes of football supporters on new buses, especially after the match in which (hopefully) the likes of Chelsea or MU lost ??

"Hordes of football supporters on new buses"? What are you suggesting? That these buses will be subject to severe vandalism or worse? You seem to have a very jaundiced view of football supporters.

The fact is that very few, if any Chelsea or M U fans would be inclined to use local service buses to get to and from Anfield. My experience is that the fans who use these services, apart from the locals, speak English with a Scandinavian or Oriental accent. Also, these vehicles are far more prone to vandalism when in normal service, particularly during school term time. The recently introduced football specials Stagecoach services 917 and 919 from St John's Lane do not suffer from any vandalism at all.

For those of us old enough to remember, prior to bus deregulation, the then main operator (MPTE) ran football specials to and from all outlying districts of greater Liverpool, often using brand new buses. In doing so, probably 50% of supporters travelled to the stadia by bus. I wonder what it is now?
2671 and 2901 are currently being repainted
Never seen any vandalism from Football fans on buses... on pub walls now thats a different matter
Reference URL's