Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04/01/2015 17:13)gka472l Wrote: [ -> ]Suspect another reason for all these double deckers is the discontinuation of the Pulsar......

Indeed with seemingly nothing really to replace the pulsar adequately, however for me the loss of the Pulsar is a blessing.
What it does mean though is there will be a gap or rearrangement of the single deck fleets where vehicles don't warrant double deckers only single deckers.

Other than the Pulsars what have Arriva been purchasing in the way of single deckers for there many fleets around the country.
(04/01/2015 17:53)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]What it does mean though is there will be a gap or rearrangement of the single deck fleets where vehicles don't warrant double deckers only single deckers.

Other than the Pulsars what have Arriva been purchasing in the way of single deckers for there many fleets around the country.

There are 108 Wright Streetlite (full size) vehicles in the Arriva fleet, with another 55 (at least) on order this year.
(03/01/2015 23:48)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I think the last new deckers in this area maybe the R reg Olympians although could be wrong. Prior to these, the last new deckers were the F YTJ Olympians back in 1989 - I know 0251 - 0260 were St Helens last new deckers. Just over a quarter of a century ago.

Oh yes, those R-reg Olympians were reallocated to GL so that they were not sold as part of the Gillmoss divestment on 2001. I have the feeling they eventually moved to Bootle. So it is a shorter time than I thought since GL operated any double-deckers.
The olympians wouldn't have been at GL all that long, they were mostly split between Speke and Bootle until a lot later on.
A brief article on Green Lane's new Enviro400s featuring information and photos is now online here.
At least 2 enviro 400's not on 10B late this afternoon, I was unfortunate to get the woeful 2669, 2956 was another on there
One of the Enviro400s not on the 10B today was 4594 which was in the depot with another parked behind it
Unusually 2716 was on the 14 today.
(07/01/2015 19:44)Daniel Anderton Wrote: [ -> ]Unusually 2716 was on the 14 today.

Also a Myllenium was on 14 late Everning
Reference URL's