Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think the X1 batch of Pulsars are particularly great as a whole. Rode 3138 last week which offered a disappointingly rough ride. The leatherette seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the more common moquette variants in my experience as well - even on a 45 minute journey from Liverpool to Halton Lea, the seats become distinctly uncomfortable.
(05/09/2013 17:19)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the X1 batch of Pulsars are particularly great as a whole. Rode 3138 last week which offered a disappointingly rough ride. The leatherette seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the more common moquette variants in my experience as well - even on a 45 minute journey from Liverpool to Halton Lea, the seats become distinctly uncomfortable.

They seem to be very rattly as well
They are pulsars, so really what do you expect. They are not the best built buses in the world.
^^^^

Give me a Marshall Dart anyday lol...
3137 is on the 82A this evening.
(05/09/2013 19:03)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^

Give me a Marshall Dart anyday lol...

They dont seem to be flavour of the month on this forum at the moment .
^^^

I know mate iv noticed. Still have excellent engines though, well some of them anyways..
People forget the Marshalls were new in 1999 so are now going on 14 years old so are bound to rattle. the pulsars are only just a year old and some are falling apart
To be fair, most of the marshalls of always rattled as well even when new. Neither are particularly well built buses, but that said I don't think that there are any buses built now that you can say are really well built but obviously some will be better than others. In my opinion though the lighter chassis and bodies really see to that
Some of the best buses are probably the Volvo B10's. even today, they go well and very rare do you hear them rattling and clanging every time you hit a pot hole..
Reference URL's