Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chester isn't on bad money. About £2 more per hour than Stagecoach Chester.

As for the 82, no trips run light to or from Northwich unless there are some very stupid driver duties which I find unlikely.
The arriva wales depots are on less than the north west depots, arriva bolton are on less too, there used to be empty workings to & from northwich but not since timetable change, problem with arriva is way there network is shrinking, stagecoach are slowly increasing their network but if you look at arriva compared to few years back their operational area is more disconnected, on 471/472 route arriva reduced their weekly tickets as people were waiting for cheaper stagecoach services, i used to work for arriva & liked working for them but recent changes have surprised me & friends who still work for them
(06/09/2017 22:13)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Chester isn't on bad money. About £2 more per hour than Stagecoach Chester.

As for the 82, no trips run light to or from Northwich unless there are some very stupid driver duties which I find unlikely.

I believe chester and the welsh depots are on around £10.50-£10.70 an hour while the merseyside depots are on £11.76 an hour but are in pay negotiations for the pay rise.
(06/09/2017 22:47)mtl97 Wrote: [ -> ]The arriva wales depots are on less than the north west depots, arriva bolton are on less too, there used to be empty workings to & from northwich but not since timetable change, problem with arriva is way there network is shrinking, stagecoach are slowly increasing their network but if you look at arriva compared to few years back their operational area is more disconnected, on 471/472 route arriva reduced their weekly tickets as people were waiting for cheaper stagecoach services, i used to work for arriva & liked working for them but recent changes have surprised me & friends who still work for them

They want too much money from their buses and their lack of Return fares discourages passengers compared to Stagecoach. The only plus side is that is opens up a lot of opportunities for independants to fight back. They are also very scared about testing things or base eveidence on a route they ran 5-6 years ago meaning passenger trends have changed etc. Stagecoach. They also have a lack of advertising. If you want business, you cant expect everyone to come to you. You have to put up adcertising, give out timetables and more importantly, listen to passengers. I know SC want £100,000 per year for their buses and they are on less pay which means their costs are lower compared to Arriva. They are moaning in Chester depot that Cwacc are prefering Stagecoach for local routes but they fail to see that lowest bids are accepted. Oh, it helps if you can run to time as well (3&15). They dont help themselves. 1 person controls all the new routes in Wales and 1 person for north west.... Local knowledge will be non existant. Especially as the office is in Aintree, how will they know what is good for Bangor or Wales depots. They are a mess and overcharge people. I avoid Arriva if I can.

Ps, they need to get with the times as contacless is now accepted everywhere but with Arriva!!!
This is going off topic but the problem is how Arriva is ran, when someone starts to compete on their routes they do nothing about it, other operators like First and Stagecoach are always trying to expand via new routes yet you never get that from Arriva, its of no wonder half the Wales area and most the Manchester services have gone
(07/09/2017 15:00)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]This is going off topic but the problem is how Arriva is ran, when someone starts to compete on their routes they do nothing about it, other operators like First and Stagecoach are always trying to expand via new routes yet you never get that from Arriva, its of no wonder half the Wales area and most the Manchester services have gone

Wouldn't really say they don't do anything, after Townlynx started the T1 to compete with the 10/11, Arriva introduced a £1 fare between Chester and CQ, introduced a cheaper day and weekly ticket and then later on introduced the 10A and 9 new Sapphire double deckers for the 10/10A.
Well maybe they did something there but in almost every case they did nothing, that resulted in a lot of work lost over the years
Brief observation at Liverpool One this afternoon produced one new gas bus on the 82A and one on the X1, and one old oneon the 82A.
(09/09/2017 08:54)TheShire Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't remember if there is some low bridges on the x30 route in Halton. I do like to see X30 on DD, It allways gets crowded these days, Where would it come from?, Well soon the X30 will be run by Arriva Wales rather than NorthWest so i won't be suprise if it was Gemini 2DL, Enviro 400 or even a Enviro 400 City.

There will be no Enviro400 CITY running on the X30 as they are Wrexham and it will be Chester doing the X30
(09/09/2017 09:01)PAUL2511 Wrote: [ -> ]There will be no Enviro400 CITY running on the X30 as they are Wrexham and it will be Chester doing the X30

I see, Did not see the x30 is gonna be run by Chester.
Reference URL's