Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22/02/2013 20:00)3111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22/02/2013 12:01)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't look like 7642 will see service again It has something wrong with its engine and they've given up with it
Considering that it's currently parked in Wrexham depot in a sorry state, I'd say that Runcorn have gave-up.

How come its ended up in Wrexham?
(22/02/2013 20:57)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]How come its ended up in Wrexham?

Wrexham depot has been the destination for many end of life buses from various depots across Arriva North West and Wales. Since the closure of Liverline, available storage space is finite to say the very least. In cohesion with this, since the body/repair centre moved to St Helens depot, St Helens has been at full capacity for a number of months with vehicles awaiting part, repair and so on.

Wrexham depot has the available space (some would argue for, and against!) to store vehicles until their book value is low enough for the vehicles to be released from the fleet for scrap. It would appear 7642 falls into this category. However, in recent months, even Wrexham has been inundated with surplus/time-expired vehciles from its own fleet in the from of MPD's, Green Lane in the from of 7612 & 7614 and the large quantity of ALX200 bodied Dart's made redundant from Wythenshawe to site a few examples. As these have started to trickle away and over the Pennines, space is once again freeing up.
Well why arnt they using the Manchester depot cos thats empty and still on the Arriva Manchester Licence
7642 did indeed leave Runcorn today on tow I'm told.
The main problem was with the engine I think, and there was something else, but I cant remember, so its seemingly ran its last service with any depot!
Arriva are suppose to still own manchester depot due to the collapse of the sale i heard so they could use that as a disposal pool.
(22/02/2013 12:01)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]Just went past the unbranded 3137 on the 79C

Also before I joined the site I caught the unreliable 2419 on the X1
Doesn't look like 7642 will see service again It has something wrong with its engine and they've given up with it

2419 is VOR (doesn't surprise me)LOL

2532 has been off the road for some time must be something seriously wrong with it

2532 is at st helens having a new front end put on it as was involved in an RTA a few weeks/months ago as its in st helens body shop.
Credit to the yahoo group, 2419 has gone to Bangor, more than likely a loan prior to transfer to Birkenhead. Theyre welcome to it, started out as a superb bus, absolute heap now!
Am I right in thinking this is the first time one of the DAF Cadets have operated outside of Merseyside/North West? Very interesting indeed! Probably when it's loan at Bangor has finished it will transfer to Birkenhead displacing 2551 back to Green Lane. Edit: Does this mean Runcorn are nearing the end of their P&P treatment now 2419 and 7642 have left?
Unbranded 3137 on the 79C again it seems to get on there abit,it had a standing load from waver tree clock tower to brown low hill
(23/02/2013 11:48)K853 MTJ Wrote: [ -> ]Credit to the yahoo group, 2419 has gone to Bangor, more than likely a loan prior to transfer to Birkenhead. Theyre welcome to it, started out as a superb bus, absolute heap now!
I thought 2419 was allocated to Wythenshawe as it did a working on the 130 quite recently
Reference URL's