Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Probably has a fault that makes it not fit for service at the moment. Just a guess.
Having read of similar happenings on other threads and witnessing it again today, few Runcorn drivers seem to recognise Halton as being part of the Merseyside PTE area now. On more than 10 occasions I've witnessed drivers refuse passengers aboard with my tickets. More annoyingly I explained to one driver that they where now valid within Halton when he stung someone and then less than a week later on a separate journey he made exactly the same mistake, very poor management on Runcorns part as it's a consistent error.
(20/01/2016 17:43)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Having read of similar happenings on other threads and witnessing it again today, few Runcorn drivers seem to recognise Halton as being part of the Merseyside PTE area now. On more than 10 occasions I've witnessed drivers refuse passengers aboard with my tickets. More annoyingly I explained to one driver that they where now valid within Halton when he stung someone and then less than a week later on a separate journey he made exactly the same mistake, very poor management on Runcorns part as it's a consistent error.

On a technical point, Halton is not (yet) part of the PTE area. Only My Tickets are valid in both Merseyside & Halton. Other tickets (Solo, Saveaway, etc.) are not valid in Halton.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Documents...t.2015.pdf
(09/01/2016 18:52)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked VOSA and the above registration is no longer there and the X6 is the only one they have on there now.

To follow up on the future competitor on the 110, the registration is back on VOSA as number PC1129471/2.
It would be nice if there was a Timetable online for this 110
(20/01/2016 21:01)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]On a technical point, Halton is not (yet) part of the PTE area. Only My Tickets are valid in both Merseyside & Halton. Other tickets (Solo, Saveaway, etc.) are not valid in Halton.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Documents...t.2015.pdf

I have been talking to a number of Runcorn Drivers who have said they are having loads of problems with people travelling into Widnes the problem is when they are going back they get pulled up,

I was on the 110 on Monday and people were trying to uses Saverways
(21/01/2016 20:38)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been talking to a number of Runcorn Drivers who have said they are having loads of problems with people travelling into Widnes the problem is when they are going back they get pulled up,

(21/01/2016 20:38)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been talking to a number of Runcorn Drivers who have said they are having loads of problems with people travelling into Widnes the problem is when they are going back they get pulled up,

This is a major problem when you allow some of the other area's day tickets but not the entire range .

For the benefit of the drivers it should be an all or nothing approach , it stops what is called confrontation between passengers and staff.
(22/01/2016 12:12)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]This is a major problem when you allow some of the other area's day tickets but not the entire range .

For the benefit of the drivers it should be an all or nothing approach , it stops what is called confrontation between passengers and staff.

It's not fair on drivers at all. I've witnessed plenty of confrontation over the use of saveaway tickets being used in Runcorn and Widnes, however referring back to my original post there is certainly a misconception amongst drivers that my tickets are not valid in Halton which again only serves to cause confrontation between drivers and passengers, this is of course not the fault of drivers but rather poor management on Arriva's part.
(22/01/2016 15:36)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]It's not fair on drivers at all. I've witnessed plenty of confrontation over the use of saveaway tickets being used in Runcorn and Widnes, however referring back to my original post there is certainly a misconception amongst drivers that my tickets are not valid in Halton which again only serves to cause confrontation between drivers and passengers, this is of course not the fault of drivers but rather poor management on Arriva's part.

These Myticket's are confusing to say the least it really does seem like Merseytravel introduced the tickets with very little information given to the drivers as its not only arriva drivers but stagecoach drivers that seem to not have any idea about them.
Reference URL's