Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
YJ62 JWL and YJ62 JXW have arrived here today.
(22/01/2020 18:32)LT10 Wrote: [ -> ]YJ62 JWL and YJ62 JXW have arrived here today.

I'm guessing that runcorn are very short of buses
(22/01/2020 19:20)PAUL2511 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing that runcorn are very short of buses
No they are not just check the Halton Transport feed
(22/01/2020 19:30)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]No they are not just check the Halton Transport feed

You’d think with them obviously knowing about the Halton demise and them being a massive transport body they would be able to muster up more than a couple of shagged out MCVs. Mind you they are a lot more modern than most of the Merseyside fleet..
It's not quite as simple as that. Let's remember we are still waiting for official confirmation of Halton's future for the company or the council. And in a time like this, any companies taking any work will be getting hold of any buses possible just to make sure services can be operated. Besides, I've rode on those 'shagged out' MCVs, are they were solid, very smart and comfortable.
(23/01/2020 18:37)LT10 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not quite as simple as that. Let's remember we are still waiting for official confirmation of Halton's future for the company or the council. And in a time like this, any companies taking any work will be getting hold of any buses possible just to make sure services can be operated. Besides, I've rode on those 'shagged out' MCVs, are they were solid, very smart and comfortable.

Part of Arriva's hire fleet, so probably a short-term solution.
Timetables effective from Monday 27th January are available here:
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/places/runcorn/

As I mentioned on the Halton thread, it does look well planned on Arriva's part!

Interesting that the 14A doesn't run to Liverpool (only Hough Green), the 61 doesn't go into Liverpool City Centre either, just to Broadgreen (Huyton on Sundays), and the 62 doesn't go to Warrington (only Murdishaw - no need, as Warrington's 62 covers the rest of the route).
(24/01/2020 14:21)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Timetables effective from Monday 27th January are available here:
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/places/runcorn/

As I mentioned on the Halton thread, it does look well planned on Arriva's part!

Interesting that the 14A doesn't run to Liverpool (only Hough Green), the 61 doesn't go into Liverpool City Centre either, just to Broadgreen (Huyton on Sundays), and the 62 doesn't go to Warrington (only Murdishaw - no need, as Warrington's 62 covers the rest of the route).

The 14A looks like its the 14C but extended to Murdishaw
Noticeable that there is no 62A (or, much less importantly, 62C) - hopefully Warrington's Own Buses will cover this.
(24/01/2020 15:20)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Noticeable that there is no 62A (or, much less importantly, 62C) - hopefully Warrington's Own Buses will cover this.

Warrington's Own twitter feed confirms they are replacing some Halton routes.

We will be replacing most of the Warrington journeys of the 62, as well as Riverside & Cronton College buses and 20, 20a and 3d.

https://twitter.com/WarringtonBuses/stat...8370589698

Just to add, Arriva timetables are already up on the routes they're replacing
Reference URL's