Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the gas buses do a full days service on all the routes they operate? Reason for the question is that I was talking to a Runcorn Driver over the weekend and he said that if they are on 500s (I think it is) some of them have to be swapped over in the evening due to running low on gas.

Also not to sure which one but apparently one of the Gas Buses on X30 was swapped with a Cadet on Saturday as apparently everytime the handbrake was put on the doors would open.
They tend to have to swapp over at tea time as theycant continue onto a late board unless they have been regassed.
I think I saw CX07CSZ on the 61 this evening, could'nt see the fleet number but I've an idea it could be 2642
There was a gas bus on the 61 today as well, not sure what one but it was 500 branded.
YJ62 JWF has arrived here, numbered 7924. I've heard it is here to displace a Pulsar to another depot, but I cant be 100% just yet.

Also confirmed that April will see the 500 return to Speke using 3 deckers, and the 79C will move back to Runcorn. Likely to be in coordination with any alterations to the Halton network I imagine.
(19/02/2020 17:56)LT10 Wrote: [ -> ]YJ62 JWF has arrived here, numbered 7924. I've heard it is here to displace a Pulsar to another depot, but I cant be 100% just yet.

Also confirmed that April will see the 500 return to Speke using 3 deckers, and the 79C will move back to Runcorn. Likely to be in coordination with any alterations to the Halton network I imagine.

Wonder if the 82A will make a comeback otherwise there will be no buses serving Hale Village
(19/02/2020 19:42)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if the 82A will make a comeback otherwise there will be no buses serving Hale Village

Unless you extend the 62 to the Airport
(You could even renumber it the 32 and live in a post-North Western Millennium)
(19/02/2020 17:56)LT10 Wrote: [ -> ]YJ62 JWF has arrived here, numbered 7924. I've heard it is here to displace a Pulsar to another depot, but I cant be 100% just yet.

Not good. Unless runcorn gets deckers with halton gone singles on the 79c is stupid.
(19/02/2020 19:53)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you extend the 62 to the Airport
(You could even renumber it the 32 and live in a post-North Western Millennium)

It would be confusing though, since there is already a 32 in Widnes.
With 500 moving back to Speke are they cutting the route? Currently 500 runs all the way to Murdishaw and what will replace the Widnes/Runcorn-Murdishaw section of the route if this is the case?

I can actually see the logic of this as from what I've been told by a driver I know at Runcorn while at times 500 is quite from the Airport towards Liverpool there are other times if you time it right/wrong whereby you can spend at least 15mins loading passengers up depending on what flight has come in and how busy it is.
Reference URL's