Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a gas bus on the 79C on Friday. Iwas under the impression that these buses could not operate on the route due to low bridges on the Busway?
(24/07/2016 05:49)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]There was a gas bus on the 79C on Friday. Iwas under the impression that these buses could not operate on the route due to low bridges on the Busway?

The only low bridges are on the busway as far as im aware of but the gas buses can fit under all of them but unsure if they can fit under the ones leading down to whitehouse so so long as there not on any duties that run down there they should be fine.
Sapphire Pulsar 3138 was noted in service on the 79C today.
(24/08/2016 17:46)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]Sapphire Pulsar 3138 was noted in service on the 79C today.

Sapphire Pulsars (branded or the unbranded spare) often go onto other routes
Maybe they do but it is not often that I see them on the 79C. I made a point of travelling on it and was not impressed. The rattles were bad and the on board experience to me was no better than the Geminis on the 79.
(25/08/2016 06:36)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they do but it is not often that I see them on the 79C. I made a point of travelling on it and was not impressed. The rattles were bad and the on board experience to me was no better than the Geminis on the 79.

Compared to other Sapphires, the Runcorn bunch are Sapphire-Lite.. nothing special really. I prefer the gas buses personally. Still, to the average passenger it is perceived as better than a Commander or whatever conventional vehicles Runcorn has
Runcorn don't have Commanders, They operate Cadets, MAN Eco Citys and Wright Pulsar 2s
(25/08/2016 09:13)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Runcorn don't have Commanders, They operate Cadets, MAN Eco Citys and Wright Pulsar 2s

Cheers, that's what I meant - I don't know the difference between Cadets and Commanders visually.

Its my understanding that the Pulsars are all Sapphire and the Eco City's generally sit on the 21 and X30, so to an average passenger the Pulsars are better perceived than the Cadets
(25/08/2016 09:46)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers, that's what I meant - I don't know the difference between Cadets and Commanders visually.

Its my understanding that the Pulsars are all Sapphire and the Eco City's generally sit on the 21 and X30, so to an average passenger the Pulsars are better perceived than the Cadets

The main difference is the length - on the same side as the doors the Cadets have six windows whereas the Commanders have seven
5001 was on the x30 yesterday. 2517 and another driver replaced 5001 on the 1033 Chester to Warrington.
Visually there was nothing wrong with 5001 and there were no funny knocking sounds, driver didn't say he was low on gas or anything so I can only imagine Ariiva wanting to talk to the driver of 5001.
Later on at the depot, one the MAN eco citys was on the other side of the depot to were the stop is at the depot.

Anybody know anything?
Reference URL's