Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22/01/2017 09:43)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that. There is a mini roundabout if you turn right at the traffic lights, if that's the one.
The thing is though, there's nowhere to wait time there, so if they are going to wait time at that stop heading back up the hill by the Tesco, I think that is a safety concern, as you can't overtake buses safely going up the hill as you would have to cross into the other lane of oncoming traffic when you can't see what's going to come over the top of the hill.
4 minutes (according to the schedule) would be a long time to wait behind the bus before it moves off and it's safe to proceed.

Could possibly be as i just got told by a driver from there whom i was talking to while on the rail replacement he just said something about turning left at the lights at tesco and there is a small turning circle in there for them to turn around , but i can only assume that they will wait there time at the stop.
On another note he was telling me that theres suppose to be a double deck gas bus going to runcorn for trails and would be trailed on the X30 and 21 but not able to confirm this.
(22/01/2017 10:10)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]On another note he was telling me that theres suppose to be a double deck gas bus going to runcorn for trails and would be trailed on the X30 and 21 but not able to confirm this.

Sounds great, and I really hope it's true!
As far as I'm aware, the X30 and the new route of the 21 would be suitable for a decker, even though some other routes around Runcorn aren't ... does anyone know different?

The X30 will probably be even busier now with people going to Chester, what with the 21 being effectively withdrawn, so I can see why bigger buses might be needed.
Having said that, I for one am lucky that I don't work in Chester any more -- if I still did, I would be switching to the train for my commute now, as I used to get the X30 into Chester for work and return on the 21 ... due to the service being reduced to hourly, there's no way I'd be waiting all that time for the bus back ... so I'd be getting the train both ways for cost efficiency, so this reduction could actually see people being taken away from the X30 as well as the 21.
Just looking at a map. Buses could turn left after terminating, right onto Robin Hood Lane then turn right at the end back onto the main road. Idk if the roads are suitable for buses but just an idea.
The main reason why there are no double-deckers in the Runcorn area is,as far as I know,the bridges on the Busway system aren't high enough for double-deckers to pass under That is why Arriva and the companies that went before Arriva always used single-deckers I know years agp when i used to drive coaches we couldn't take them onto the Busway system as they would not go under bridges within said system and at approx 11ft 6in in height they are at least a good 2ft lower than double-deckers
It's that time of the month again when we all have a moan about Runcorn's capacity issues and the low bridges that restrict the depots allocation to saloons only. LaughLaugh
I thought a few more Pulsars where due from Wythenshawe joining 2953? Is this still happening because they will provide more capacity on routes that need them.
Was anyone aware that the X30 has moved to foregate Street now instead of Bus Exchange? It was never originally on the service updates page and I haven't seen it mentioned here. I think Arr are trying to avoid paying 30p departure fee....
(25/01/2017 14:21)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Was anyone aware that the X30 has moved to foregate Street now instead of Bus Exchange? It was never originally on the service updates page and I haven't seen it mentioned here. I think Arr are trying to avoid paying 30p departure fee....

It's more to do with timing and reliability actually
(25/01/2017 14:21)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Was anyone aware that the X30 has moved to foregate Street now instead of Bus Exchange? It was never originally on the service updates page and I haven't seen it mentioned here. I think Arr are trying to avoid paying 30p departure fee....

Yeah, I was surprised by this when I noticed the other day, but assumed I must just have missed it.
No doubt it will be changing again when the new bus station opens.
After short periods on loan herr, 2711 and 2717 are back at Laird Street, joining with earlier loan 2713. 2711 returned early this week, 2717 returned last night.
Reference URL's