Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5004 and 5006 both on 79/79Cs this afternoon.
The reliability on the X30 is awful, i regally see it 10-20 minutes or longer late, plus it has tight turn around at either end, thinking whether retiming the service & adding an extra vehicle will help, i know it means longer layover but helps with reliability with end to end journey time of around 80 minutes
The X1 Saph I was on yesterday was a disgrace. It made Sapphire look like a more budget brand rather than premium. Paint was rubbed off in lots of areas with patches of lighter blue, white and the Saph blue. Announcements didnt work. I didnt see any USB plugs. compared to Wales Sapphire, you would think it was ran by a complete different company not just a different garage.
(01/04/2017 21:56)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The X1 Saph I was on yesterday was a disgrace. It made Sapphire look like a more budget brand rather than premium. Paint was rubbed off in lots of areas with patches of lighter blue, white and the Saph blue. Announcements didnt work. I didnt see any USB plugs. compared to Wales Sapphire, you would think it was ran by a complete different company not just a different garage.

Yes they were not done in house and the wrong type of paint was used for the inside,
As for the USB plugs are in between the seats backs of the seat in front,
The announcement have not worked now for a while now since the the Hanover updates for the service revision (79&21) to be honest most passengers are glad it is not working,
As for Wales last time I was on the bus to Wrexham by the time we got to the race course it was bad having to have it in English then Welsh,
Was in Durham a few weeks back and the next stop was not working on both Sapphire's was not working
(02/04/2017 16:37)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they were not done in house and the wrong type of paint was used for the inside,
As for the USB plugs are in between the seats backs of the seat in front,
The announcement have not worked now for a while now since the the Hanover updates for the service revision (79&21) to be honest most passengers are glad it is not working,
As for Wales last time I was on the bus to Wrexham by the time we got to the race course it was bad having to have it in English then Welsh,
Was in Durham a few weeks back and the next stop was not working on both Sapphire's was not working

good to be saved the audio announcements that are pretty dreadfull on the X1 and wrexham 1,seem to recall bad pronounciations of names on the X1,laughable really,done by someone with no local knowledge
2473 is on the 110 today.
(01/04/2017 21:56)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The X1 Saph I was on yesterday was a disgrace. It made Sapphire look like a more budget brand rather than premium. Paint was rubbed off in lots of areas with patches of lighter blue, white and the Saph blue. Announcements didnt work. I didnt see any USB plugs. compared to Wales Sapphire, you would think it was ran by a complete different company not just a different garage.

The way that the interiors are repainted in the sapphire buses that have had a previous life just invites vandals to scribe things onto the paint. It's not just vandals either a lot of it can be attributed to general wear and tear. I seem to remember on some pulsars that have had an internal repaint, the paint just above the radiators seems to be quite bad. Not sure if this is down to the extremes in temperature are just down to bags and shoes rubbing against it but it just goes to show that it gets worn out quickly and doesn't really work.

In fairness it's the same case with a lot of the Sapphire buses that have been repainted internally from the standard interior. The 38 Geminis and 130 Pulsars have the same issue, and from memory so do the Sapphires at Bolton, whereas if you look at vehicles that have been Sapphire from new such as Rhyl and Chester's Enviro400s they don't generally have the problem.
2713 has turned up here
2710 also turned up, parked up in the garage
2711 is also back here, very short of buses today apparently.
Reference URL's