Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/02/2021 12:09)ScottDeclan224 Wrote: [ -> ]What a waste to have 4104 withdrawn after being VOR for a couple of years at Winsford, got repainted, now Withdrawn, Arriva have just wasted their money on repainting 4104 just to go on the scrapyard roads & not return to service

Paint doesn't fix a major fault!
(07/02/2021 13:30)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Paint doesn't fix a major fault!

Well, i didnt know but imo, i'd try fix the fault & not repaint the bus yet. ik it was not fixable, but still, i think fixing first instead of repainting is better.
(07/02/2021 20:05)ScottDeclan224 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i didnt know but imo, i'd try fix the fault & not repaint the bus yet. ik it was not fixable, but still, i think fixing first instead of repainting is better.

I believe they found more wrong with it after repaint.
(07/02/2021 13:30)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Paint doesn't fix a major fault!

Paint only costs materials because the labour in the body shop is split on each depot's account put simply..
It got painted then sent to an outside contractor to be repaired but as it was there more faults were found so it got parked up.
Arriva then got it towed back and as far as I'm aware of found it surplus and not worth fixing.
Looking at the timetables on the Arriva website, it's unfortunate that the 110 and 7 generally both seem to depart Warrington at the same times (both at 25 and 55 past the hour). Arriva never seem to have got those two services co-ordinated. Having said that though, they are better co-ordinated in the opposite direction.
(11/02/2021 02:12)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the timetables on the Arriva website, it's unfortunate that the 110 and 7 generally both seem to depart Warrington at the same times (both at 25 and 55 past the hour). Arriva never seem to have got those two services co-ordinated. Having said that though, they are better co-ordinated in the opposite direction.

I believe their thinking is that because it pretty much runs the exact same route as Warrington’s 32 up until Widnes, they don’t have to. Albeit they run at different frequencies with the 110 and 32 running every 30 and 20 minutes respectively, so there can never be a perfect coordination between these two. This is also coming from a passenger that has passes for both Arriva and Warrington. It would be nice to see some sort of partnership on these routes, like we see on the Quality Bus Network.
(11/02/2021 03:32)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe their thinking is that because it pretty much runs the exact same route as Warrington’s 32 up until Widnes, they don’t have to. Albeit they run at different frequencies with the 110 and 32 running every 30 and 20 minutes respectively, so there can never be a perfect coordination between these two. This is also coming from a passenger that has passes for both Arriva and Warrington. It would be nice to see some sort of partnership on these routes, like we see on the Quality Bus Network.

If Arriva could co-ordinate all 4 departures per hour on the 110/7 so they were at 15-minute intervals, they would be more frequent between Warrington and Penketh than Warrington's 32.
At the moment though, Warrington's 32, running every 20 minutes, is more frequent than Arriva because Arriva's departures on the 110/7 aren't co-ordinated (25, 25, 55 and 55 past the hour).
(11/02/2021 09:15)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]If Arriva could co-ordinate all 4 departures per hour on the 110/7 so they were at 15-minute intervals, they would be more frequent between Warrington and Penketh than Warrington's 32.
At the moment though, Warrington's 32, running every 20 minutes, is more frequent than Arriva because Arriva's departures on the 110/7 aren't co-ordinated (25, 25, 55 and 55 past the hour).

Certainly would be a good way to try and increase pax in Penketh for Arriva
(11/02/2021 09:15)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]If Arriva could co-ordinate all 4 departures per hour on the 110/7 so they were at 15-minute intervals, they would be more frequent between Warrington and Penketh than Warrington's 32.
Wasn't the 110 every 15 minutes pre covid so that could be the issue. The 110 hasn't been half hourly for a while so post Covid if the frequency goes up, it may be a different story.
Reference URL's