Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01/09/2016 05:42)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]5001 was on the x30 yesterday. 2517 and another driver replaced 5001 on the 1033 Chester to Warrington.
Visually there was nothing wrong with 5001 and there were no funny knocking sounds, driver didn't say he was low on gas or anything so I can only imagine Ariiva wanting to talk to the driver of 5001.
Later on at the depot, one the MAN eco citys was on the other side of the depot to were the stop is at the depot.

Anybody know anything?

Could of been due its 4 weekly inspection which all buses go through .
Seems Gas Buses were everywhere but on the route their normally on yesterday as I spotted the following while in/around Runcorn & Widnes yesterday afternoon:

3 or 4 Gas Buses on 79C
1 Gas Bus on 82A
1 Gas Bus on 3C

Is the above the norm now for allocations out of Runcorn?
(01/09/2016 07:00)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Seems Gas Buses were everywhere but on the route their normally on yesterday as I spotted the following while in/around Runcorn & Widnes yesterday afternoon:

3 or 4 Gas Buses on 79C
1 Gas Bus on 82A
1 Gas Bus on 3C

Pretty sure I saw a sapphire pulsar too on the 21 in Chester
(01/09/2016 07:00)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Seems Gas Buses were everywhere but on the route their normally on yesterday as I spotted the following while in/around Runcorn & Widnes yesterday afternoon:

3 or 4 Gas Buses on 79C
1 Gas Bus on 82A
1 Gas Bus on 3C

4 gas buses on the 79c is slightly unusual but not unheard of.

3 or 4 Gas Buses on 79C
1 Gas Bus on 82A
1 Gas Bus on 3C

I saw the Gas Bus on the 3C. First time i've ever seen it. They're becoming increasing common on the 79C. It's not out of the ordinary to see them on the 82A though. Especially on a Sunday
The 79C is only operated by Pulsars anyway so why not order more gas buses for Runcorn then place Pulsars elsewhere?
The 79C is operated by Cadets.
(02/09/2016 03:39)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The 79C is only operated by Pulsars anyway so why not order more gas buses for Runcorn then place Pulsars elsewhere?

More gas buses are suppose to be on order but unsure of numbers but will be replacing some of the cadets.
(02/09/2016 08:46)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]More gas buses are suppose to be on order but unsure of numbers but will be replacing some of the cadets.

are they for the 79c, as speke is putting new hybrids on the rest of the 79 work in the new year, if cadets are still doing them after that date they will be a very poor second in comparison,they are now to be honest,always been far too small for the 79c, and most of the rest of Runcorns longer services except the Routes to Chester
Not previously mentioned as far as I can see, is that 2553 (DK55 FYT) has been freshly repainted into standard livery. This renders the Strider branding extinct - not before time, IMHO!

FXT (2530) was still out and about in its intermediate livery a couple of weeks ago.
Reference URL's