Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw two of the new Pulsars at Liverpool ONE recently, 3136 (MX12 KWJ) and 3139 (MX12 KVP) sure look nice in their 'connextion' branding.

Gotta admit, I like the E-Leather seat facings, they make a dowdy Pulsar look a bit more classy.

Curious about the low-set rear reg plate though, are ALL new buses getting these low-set rear number plates??
Think about it; CUMFY's Hybrid Solos have them, the (newish) Wrightbus Gemini deckers have them and now Pulsars have 'em!
Something to do with Euro Whole Vehicle Approval perhaps??
Hmmm....
I think it is part of the WVATC regulations that the plates can't be behind glass, which on older Pulsars and Solos they always. A similar change has been made on Enviro400s were the registration plate used to be behind glass and it is now again on the lower part of the rear bumper.
Ah right, thanks for that Steve.

Looks like Wrightbus will have to change their designs, they were very fond of putting all their rear number plates behind glass, usually in the top-right part of the rear window.
Just spotted 2298 on the 79C as well, a rather varied day, especially considering 2998 was running right in front of a Pulsar, and annoyingly pulled over the stop after my road (Running early, very early if he was) and my mum wouldn't drive down for me to get a picture, not my day today as the Pulsar in Widnes was gone by the time I got there as well. No freebies for me Sad :P
Apologies if this has already been reported but 2936 was in Manchester Piccadilly today on the 263 having returned to Wythenshawe. With the arrival of 3136-40 for the X1 what have/will Runcorn lost/lose? And are the 1 and 2 still regular Pulsar workings now that more and more Pulsars are finding their way on to the 79C?

Sorry for all the questions!
I noticed yesterday afternoon there was bad bunching on the 79s,on the 79C i Saw 2298 first then about 5 minutes later if that a Cadet was heading the same way, then about 4 79/79Ds all passed together!
(18/08/2012 13:45)K853 MTJ Wrote: [ -> ]2950, 2952 and 2953 join 2951 on the 79C, great stuff!!!

MX09 EKW/Y (2940) was also on there.
Its the first time I've ever seen the 79C bunching before so I'm not sure whats going on there!

(18/08/2012 19:45)BHA Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this has already been reported but 2936 was in Manchester Piccadilly today on the 263 having returned to Wythenshawe. With the arrival of 3136-40 for the X1 what have/will Runcorn lost/lose? And are the 1 and 2 still regular Pulsar workings now that more and more Pulsars are finding their way on to the 79C?

Sorry for all the questions!

Runcorn has lost 2934/5/6/7/8, all have which have returned to Wythenshawe and did so upon entry into service for the new Pulsars.
The 1/2 has been mainly worked by Cadets for the past few months now, especially since the new Pulsars arrived, mainly because Pulsars previously allocated to the 1/2 were allocated to the 110, however if the past few days has been anything to go by, it seems that the Pulsars are starting to shift onto the 79C. So all in all, no direct change to the 1/2, the allocation is still mostly Cadets, as well as 7642 and 7617 (If both are still here!) and 2419. But it isn't unusual for Pulsars to be allocated on there, it seems that the Busway Circulars just get anything else thats left over in the depot.

Went past the depot today by the way, 1047 is parked up opposite the gates on Beechwood Ave. An unidentified Paladin trainer was also parked nearest the fence with no sign of the 2 Endurances that were parked there last Saturday.
(18/08/2012 13:57)mathias Wrote: [ -> ]Saw two of the new Pulsars at Liverpool ONE recently, 3136 (MX12 KWJ) and 3139 (MX12 KVP) sure look nice in their 'connextion' branding.

Gotta admit, I like the E-Leather seat facings, they make a dowdy Pulsar look a bit more classy.

Curious about the low-set rear reg plate though, are ALL new buses getting these low-set rear number plates??
Think about it; CUMFY's Hybrid Solos have them, the (newish) Wrightbus Gemini deckers have them and now Pulsars have 'em!
Something to do with Euro Whole Vehicle Approval perhaps??
Hmmm....

These leather seated Pulsar 2s are coming on stream earlier than I expected, as these seem to have queue-jumped Pulsar 2s for Arriva Yorkshire. Still, this means I can tick off 1 of the 3 buses I hope to ride in Runcorn/ Liverpool in the next few months (the others being the Hybrids for Runcorn Busway and Cross River services).
MX09 EKW/Y (2940) was also on there.

So 5 Pulsars were on the 79c, The 79c should only be worked by real time fitted Cadets,

Will soon have that stopped, There were Cadet's working on X30's with full and standing passengers there should have been Pulsar's working the X30 with 4 on the X1, The rest split between the 110 and Busway
Reference URL's