Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The busway is quite annoying for the low bridges they have over them, most of which are pedestrian bridges, i've counted 4 between Halton Hospital & Murdishaw, 3 of which at bus stops which have also a crossing over the roadway, the pedestrian bridges could well be demolished & replaced by crossings over the roadway, there is only one under the Halton Link Road which could be tricky, another on on the Southern busway towards the Arriva garage that crosses the expressway that could be tricky as well.
5000 has been repainted.
(31/07/2018 12:03)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]The busway is quite annoying for the low bridges they have over them, most of which are pedestrian bridges, i've counted 4 between Halton Hospital & Murdishaw, 3 of which at bus stops which have also a crossing over the roadway, the pedestrian bridges could well be demolished & replaced by crossings over the roadway, there is only one under the Halton Link Road which could be tricky, another on on the Southern busway towards the Arriva garage that crosses the expressway that could be tricky as well.

Don't Howards use a decker on their school route number 2? That travels under that bridge and goes under all the bridges as far as Castlefields The Park (via Murdishaw). If they do use a decker, that would say that the majority of bridges are clear for deckers (obviously the Halton Link Road bridge is low. I wouldn't know about the Runcorn Spur Road/Halton Lodge Ave pedestrian bridge or the M56 bridge though)
I didn't think the bridges were that high. IIRC some years ago an Independent operator de-roofed a VR carrying a load of children on an School outing at one of the busway bridges, fortunately without any serious injuries, it made the the local & national TV news though.

(31/07/2018 17:19)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Don't Howards use a decker on their school route number 2? That travels under that bridge and goes under all the bridges as far as Castlefields The Park (via Murdishaw). If they do use a decker, that would say that the majority of bridges are clear for deckers (obviously the Halton Link Road bridge is low. I wouldn't know about the Runcorn Spur Road/Halton Lodge Ave pedestrian bridge or the M56 bridge though)
I'm just going to leave this here
500 timetable:
https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publict...ble500.pdf

Also, I notice the busways are going down to every 12 giving 4 mins layover on every trip.
(03/08/2018 12:30)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to leave this here
500 timetable:
https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publict...ble500.pdf

Also, I notice the busways are going down to every 12 giving 4 mins layover on every trip.

Interesting to see how this pans out. It would appear that the first five services on a Sunday from L 1 run dead from Runcorn. As I plan on using the 500 on the 8th, I hope it's punctual.
I think they have shot themselves in the foot a bit with the bridge charges. Local bus services are free over the bridge. Running NIS you would pay the full charge. Over the course of the week, that works out as 51 (made up of 4 Mon-Fri morning, 5 Sat&Sun morning trips and 3 trips every evening) buses each week crossing at full price just on the 500.

The thing which I find most funny is the fact they start 2 trips per day at Halebank. For the sake of 5-10 mins driving time, why not have a trip which starts at Langdale Road, via High Street Bus Stn and then, onto the expressway then come off and go straight down Ditton Road then as a normal 500 to Liverpool. It would have to be under a different number but 5-10 mins driving time (on top of the existing driving time running it NIS) costs a lot less than £7.20 bridge toll and the fuel (as they get the fuel rebate if it was ran in service). Two trips, 6 days per week. That is £80 odd saving per week just making that small change.
There is an evening 110 service starting as well, and an extra bus inserted into the X1 finally with the circular finished all operating to/from Windmill Hill
Is there anything replacing the 82A section in Runcorn?
(04/08/2018 00:13)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything replacing the 82A section in Runcorn?

The new timetable shows that it will be serving Greenway Road and the cenotaph.
Reference URL's