Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3019 and 3020 are now at Runcorn, 3019 tracking on the 79C and 3020 is on the 200
(06/09/2023 16:44)North West Bus Spotter Wrote: [ -> ]3019 and 3020 are now at Runcorn, 3019 tracking on the 79C and 3020 is on the 200

Are these to replace the withdrawn MANs?
question will the mans be going to scrap like the darlington ones are just wondering if anybody got any information
Not sure how correct it is but heard the CX58 Plate Pulsars at Bolton will see service here to replace all MANs until something more suitable can be found.
(06/09/2023 19:02)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how correct it is but heard the CX58 Plate Pulsars at Bolton will see service here to replace all MANs until something more suitable can be found.

I've heard similar from a reputable source. Apparently due to the massive cost in keeping the MANs going in comparison to a conventional bus.
(06/09/2023 17:39)Y458 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Are these to replace the withdrawn MANs?
Yep
(06/09/2023 19:27)L401CJF Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard similar from a reputable source. Apparently due to the massive cost in keeping the MANs going in comparison to a conventional bus.

The North East ones are also being sold for similar reasons
I suppose this was why the MAN's usually ran on faster services like the 61's and X30's rather than the 79C"s which are more stop/start due to their reliability?

Passenger wise they weren't the worst and being full size about right for the routes they were on but not so good they've lasted 10/8 years all things considered.

I wonder if ANW will replace them with new vehicles like the Evora's Bootle got recently or cascade something else to Runcorn?
(07/09/2023 13:32)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose this was why the MAN's usually ran on faster services like the 61's and X30's rather than the 79C"s which are more stop/start due to their reliability?

Passenger wise they weren't the worst and being full size about right for the routes they were on but not so good they've lasted 10/8 years all things considered.

I wonder if ANW will replace them with new vehicles like the Evora's Bootle got recently or cascade something else to Runcorn?

Most likely Pulsars but as I said on the Birkenhead thread more Evoras will most likely be ordered soon.
(07/09/2023 14:11)Y458 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely Pulsars but as I said on the Birkenhead thread more Evoras will most likely be ordered soon.
It was said on this thread that the CX58s that are coming for storage might be getting used on routes until we find more suitable buses
Reference URL's