Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30/08/2015 17:58)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]As for the X30 being served by Cadets, surely you'd stick the Ecocities on that route and the Cadets on the 21, purely for ease of operation?

If a journey is running late it will show up on the Arriva app and website but the fundamental problem with bus operations throughout the Arriva empire - outside of London - is that there is no means of communication between a late running bus and the depot controller. Last year, Stagecoach fitted two-way radios to all of their vehicles at Gillmoss for this purpose and security reasons.
(30/08/2015 17:58)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]As for the X30 being served by Cadets, surely you'd stick the Ecocities on that route and the Cadets on the 21, purely for ease of operation?t the

Not that easy for all you know the Cadet my have been the only bus available at the time, also as already stated if the X30 was running so late and the driver is due to come off at the depot if possible if there is a spare bus no matter what type you would start the service on time at the depot,

You would then uses a spare driver to run off the late runner,

I spent the last 12 years at the depot as a supervisor and would have loved to let somebody come in one day and see what can happen at very short notice and how we did the best to keep a service running.

Runcorn as problems most days with traffic the main one been the Bridge
Agree with all the points made about Runcorn having major traffic problems at most time of the year, and not just limited to peak times. The bridge goes down early in the morning and that's that for the rest of the day. Same goes for the section of the X30 between Sutton Weaver and Helsby, when the motorway is down that section of route is quite simply at a stand still, with no viable diversion. There was work going on with a footbridge on the M56 about 3 weeks ago, it took me 2 hours 41 minutes to get from Warrington to Chester.
(30/08/2015 20:23)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with all the points made about Runcorn having major traffic problems at most time of the year, and not just limited to peak times. The bridge goes down early in the morning and that's that for the rest of the day. Same goes for the section of the X30 between Sutton Weaver and Helsby, when the motorway is down that section of route is quite simply at a stand still, with no viable diversion. There was work going on with a footbridge on the M56 about 3 weeks ago, it took me 2 hours 41 minutes to get from Warrington to Chester.
Quicker by train.
I have always thought giving Runcorn so many Cadets was a huge mistake as the routes they are used on are very demanding and i dont find the Cadets that reliable, Commanders would of been a much better option
Hopefully all the pain in Runcorn at the moment with all the associated roadworks for the second Mersey crossing will eventually mean Runcorn and Widnes areas that got heavily congested when there was problems on the old bridge will be able to run a little more freely.
(31/08/2015 06:41)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I have always thought giving Runcorn so many Cadets was a huge mistake as the routes they are used on are very demanding and i dont find the Cadets that reliable, Commanders would of been a much better option

Well considering that deckers can't be used for obvious reasons, you would think that at the very least Runcorn would have had some Commanders allocated or kept hold of the various Pulsars that have made appearances at Runcorn in the last few years to add extra capacity and essentially better reliability at times.
(31/08/2015 09:51)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Well considering that deckers can't be used for obvious reasons, you would think that at the very least Runcorn would have had some Commanders allocated or kept hold of the various Pulsars that have made appearances at Runcorn in the last few years to add extra capacity and essentially better reliability at times.

Bigger buses are certainly needed on the 79C.
(31/08/2015 17:52)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]Bigger buses are certainly needed on the 79C.

Definitely! They're needed on most peak time 82As and certainly on the majority of 110s throughout the day as well.
(31/08/2015 20:34)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely! They're needed on most peak time 82As and certainly on the majority of 110s throughout the day as well.

Some of the Pulsars transferred away from North West would have been useful at Runcorn, which in turn could have released the Cadets to push out old stock at other depots
Reference URL's