Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myllennium 2458 is now at Runcorn and was on the 79C today. Also, 3137 was working the next 79C behind.
(16/05/2015 21:16)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]Myllennium 2458 is now at Runcorn and was on the 79C today. Also, 3137 was working the next 79C behind.

Had that today, Shed is an understatement... Least it was quick
Hot news is that route X1 (and routes 130 and 263 in Manchester) will be Sapphired later this year!
http://www.arrivasapphire.co.uk/where-we-operate/
Looks like Halton are to compete with Arriva on the 110!

PC0001376/157 - HALTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A HALTON TRANSPORT, MOOR LANE, WIDNES, WA8 7AF
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Warrington Interchange
Finish Point: Widnes, Simms Cross
Via: Penketh
Service Number: 110
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-AUG-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
(07/07/2015 11:12)bolton bus basher Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Halton are to compete with Arriva on the 110!

PC0001376/157 - HALTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A HALTON TRANSPORT, MOOR LANE, WIDNES, WA8 7AF
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Warrington Interchange
Finish Point: Widnes, Simms Cross
Via: Penketh
Service Number: 110
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-AUG-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

Will be quicker than the 62 from Widnes via Runcorn to Warrington, i can`t image Widnes passengers using that to get to Warrington the time it takes,doesn`t sound here like they know what they are doing ,one minute forming a QBP with Arriva on the St Helens route, the next trying to compete on the 110. Halton should be careful what they wish for, i`m surprised Arriva have let them get so established into Liverpool on the 14 and unapposed over most of the 61 after Huyton thru Whiston to Prescot, extending Arriva`s 6 to Prescot over that route from Huyton would be pretty deserved following this latest move.
Personally i think arriva should extend the 6 to widnes along the 61 route from huyton.
I think Arriva are happy to let Halton have the Huyton-Whiston/Prescot section of route, they've had the 39 twice and between them both the 5 as far as Rainhill before going off to St Helens. I doubt they'd make any extensions to the 6.
Problem with Arriva is they sit back and do nothing most the time then wonder why their Services dont pay, only got to look at Arriva Bolton on Blackburn Road, allowed Lancs United to slowly increase the Service frequency over the last few years to the point most the Passengers are catching Lancs United leading to Arriva reducing the Frequency on the Services up there.
Offtopic slightly

I find the whole Management of Arriva Bolton/Manchester Since Bluebus as flat out Neglect. incompetent would be a compliment i find them very much like First around 4 years ago very out of touch and incapable of Battling for what's theres
(08/07/2015 23:49)SLTRegular Wrote: [ -> ]Offtopic slightly

I find the whole Management of Arriva Bolton/Manchester Since Bluebus as flat out Neglect. incompetent would be a compliment i find them very much like First around 4 years ago very out of touch and incapable of Battling for what's theres

Could not agree more, for example when Blue Bus was around Lancs United 1 (well 225 as it was back then) was Hourly and these Days its every 15 Mins as Lancs United have done great at slowly increasing the Frequency and taking Arriva's Passengers along Blackburn Road.
Reference URL's