Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I ask why you all hate Runcorn Depot? it's like you want it gone, in 2021 (lockdown) this depot did more cash then Merseyside put together (depots), Im getting sick off people , and yes the gas are sh*t! But we do need new buses, I don't understand why ppl hate Runcorn Depot, all I see on here is this route route is next to go, it's like you are all kids,,, the question I have do you want Runcorn Depot, do you want it to go like skem depot,,,

(if mods see If I get a warning/time out, for this post, thats ok, they hate Runcorn Depot / Runcorn Town,, Im just sick off people wishing/talking bad on this depot/town) remember this, Runcorn has lost more bus routes then Liverpool (last lost route 62 M-F),,, Sorry forum Mods, someone had to speak their mind tbh
(13/09/2023 05:36)Busway_Bob Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask why you all hate Runcorn Depot? it's like you want it gone, in 2021 (lockdown) this depot did more cash then Merseyside put together (depots), Im getting sick off people , and yes the gas are sh*t! But we do need new buses, I don't understand why ppl hate Runcorn Depot, all I see on here is this route route is next to go, it's like you are all kids,,, the question I have do you want Runcorn Depot, do you want it to go like skem depot,,,

(if mods see If I get a warning/time out, for this post, thats ok, they hate Runcorn Depot / Runcorn Town,, Im just sick off people wishing/talking bad on this depot/town) remember this, Runcorn has lost more bus routes then Liverpool (last lost route 62 M-F),,, Sorry forum Mods, someone had to speak their mind tbh
You know what, I'm with you on this. Living in Runcorn myself, if Runcorn was to go, it would make a huge impact on the routes around there as they would probably be given over to Speke Depot.

About the gas buses you mentioned, it was their choice to get rid of them because of the financial cost to run them and repair them, this is how 5006, 7, 13 and 18 are withdrawn due to it being hard to find parts for them and with 5003 recently involved in a RTA, that doesn't seem like it'll last long either with 5011 also set to go this week due to its MOT expiring then 5015 on the 30th due to the MOT expiring, it's just costing too much, replacing them with 19 Pulsars and doing a Bolton being an all Pulsar depot is better financially.

I think what they're doing is waiting until Merseyside are due new buses so they can leave us with the spare Pulsars, I don't know but it is better financially to run 50 Pulsars as opposed to 31 Pulsars and 19 CityGolds
Not sure how true it is but heard something about 5003 knocking someone over in Wavertree yesterday
(13/09/2023 08:43)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how true it is but heard something about 5003 knocking someone over in Wavertree yesterday

It happened in Huyton and the victim was in their 20s. I hope that they make a full recovery and that the driver of 5003 is OK.
It is all rather sad what is being posted about Runcorn but I am unsure whether it is about the town or the depot.
The depot is important to me as living by Childwall Fiveways the 79c is an important to me. I am amazed at all the different Pulsars that turn up and hope that it continues.
(13/09/2023 05:36)Busway_Bob Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask why you all hate Runcorn Depot? it's like you want it gone, in 2021 (lockdown) this depot did more cash then Merseyside put together (depots), Im getting sick off people , and yes the gas are sh*t! But we do need new buses, I don't understand why ppl hate Runcorn Depot, all I see on here is this route route is next to go, it's like you are all kids,,, the question I have do you want Runcorn Depot, do you want it to go like skem depot,,,

I work for Arriva and can tell you now, Runcorn did not make more money than the whole of Merseyside during any of the lockdowns.

Runcorn isn't receiving new buses to replace the MANs because it doesn't make enough money, otherwise they'd already be on order. Southport only received the dealer stock StreetLites, which were a deal as part of the StreetDeck order, because Wrexham didn't want them. Until Arriva's ownership situation is resolved, the unfortunate reality is the less profitable depots will be a lower priority for new buses. I don't see how stating the facts equates to me hating Runcorn depot or the town itself.
VDL SB200 Wrightbus Pulsar IIs YJ61FEF/FEG (3205/6) are set to be moved to Runcorn from Wrexham next Saturday 23rd as a permanent transfer's.
5004 withdrawn from the fleet
(16/09/2023 14:12)North West Bus Spotter Wrote: [ -> ]5004 withdrawn from the fleet

Where has this info come from?
(16/09/2023 16:55)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Where has this info come from?
Got told by a driver
Reference URL's