Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12/11/2014 22:52)Shaun821 Wrote: [ -> ]How long were the ALX200s at Speke for? Musn't of been that long. I dont have any memories of them at Speke, only at Bootle.
Very briefly, I believe. Here's a photo of 2269 on a 79D when new back in 2001 (credit to Buses7675):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/buses7675/5634959647/
(12/11/2014 22:52)Shaun821 Wrote: [ -> ]How long were the ALX200s at Speke for? Musn't of been that long. I dont have any memories of them at Speke, only at Bootle.

I remember riding them on the 75 think they were used on all of spekes routes.
Do the MAN Eco citys destinations have problems because every time I see them they are constantly resetting before the scrolling part has finished going through all the places.
(13/11/2014 07:04)MX12CFE Wrote: [ -> ]I remember riding them on the 75 think they were used on all of spekes routes.

They weren't there long, IIRC there was a 3 way swap involving the ALX200's going to Bootle (B10BLE's 2722-2730 were supposed to be for Bootle and 2722-4 did enter service from there), the B10BLE's then went to GL for the 14 and I think the other part of the puzzle was the V/ENC ALX300's transferred in from Manchester to GL then to Speke when the B10BLE's arrived at GL....I think that's right, was a long time ago though.

HTH
(30/10/2014 11:54)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]It is 2934 (MX09 EKO) from Wythenshawe, it is on the 110 today. didn't this use to be at Runcorn until 3136 - 3140 arrived?

Is 2934 still at Runcorn?
I noticed today that Wythenshawe based 2951 has a rear advert for Halton-Lea Shopping Centre, would it have been better to send that one to Runcorn as the advert is not really any use around the Wythenshawe/Altrincham/Manchester areas.
(20/11/2014 22:57)John I Wrote: [ -> ]Is 2934 still at Runcorn?
I noticed today that Wythenshawe based 2951 has a rear advert for Halton-Lea Shopping Centre, would it have been better to send that one to Runcorn as the advert is not really any use around the Wythenshawe/Altrincham/Manchester areas.

2 years after moving from Runcorn and it's still not had the advert removed
(19/11/2014 21:11)Shaun821 Wrote: [ -> ]Do the MAN Eco citys destinations have problems because every time I see them they are constantly resetting before the scrolling part has finished going through all the places.
It will be whoever programmed them, putting scrolling on page one then making a page two and not configured the time to next page long enough.
(21/11/2014 19:07)smithy29919 Wrote: [ -> ]It will be whoever programmed them, putting scrolling on page one then making a page two and not configured the time to next page long enough.

I actually think its the newer Helen that causes problems for them as they're programmed with the newer larger fonts. These and the Volvo Hybrids on the 10 in Manchester both reset every few seconds or so - it may be due to them scrolling as the Birkenhead ones don't do it.
(22/11/2014 15:52)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think its the newer Helen that causes problems for them as they're programmed with the newer larger fonts. These and the Volvo Hybrids on the 10 in Manchester both reset every few seconds or so - it may be due to them scrolling as the Birkenhead ones don't do it.
The user defines the font size not the software or the hardware. Would take a few minutes to fix.
I had trouble with the new Sapphire enviros at Rhyl and it was all to do with a check box needing to be clicked in the software.
It could be faulty display boxes or even loose wiring but 99% of the time it's user error.
(23/11/2014 19:24)smithy29919 Wrote: [ -> ]The user defines the font size not the software or the hardware. Would take a few minutes to fix.
I had trouble with the new Sapphire enviros at Rhyl and it was all to do with a check box needing to be clicked in the software.
It could be faulty display boxes or even loose wiring but 99% of the time it's user error.

I know that lol, I've programmed a few destination displays myself. It's probably because of the newer Helen and various firmware in the displays contradicting or similar I would imagine.
Reference URL's