Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2512 is also here and is on the 79C today.
2509 is on the 3A + 2512 was on the 79C
I almost always skip the 79C in favour of better ride quality (and a seat!) on a Gemini working the 79/79D. However as 2512 turned up, I stuck my hand out and decided to give it a try. (Blue dashboard gave it away that it was a Commander)

Apart from the squeaky doors and the odd rattle, it was a million and one times better than my previous experiences on a Cadet. Ride quality was nice and smooth and none of those horrible idle vibrations. I hope more of these end up at Runcorn so I don't have to skip buses anymore!
(21/07/2014 08:23)Phil Wrote: [ -> ]I almost always skip the 79C in favour of better ride quality (and a seat!) on a Gemini working the 79/79D. However as 2512 turned up, I stuck my hand out and decided to give it a try. (Blue dashboard gave it away that it was a Commander)

Apart from the squeaky doors and the odd rattle, it was a million and one times better than my previous experiences on a Cadet. Ride quality was nice and smooth and none of those horrible idle vibrations. I hope more of these end up at Runcorn so I don't have to skip buses anymore!

I understand that both 2509 and 2512 are both Speke bound. I had 2509 on the 79C on Saturday. As you say much better than a Cadet. I note that this batch retain their luggage racks presumably from their days on the X32 and X94.
3140 is on the 1/2 this afternoon and 3138 is on the pits.

2543 is on the X1
Runcorn looks to have a myllenium on loan, i seen it near Halton Lea South before
Apparently the bridge is closed, so no doubt there are some fairly epic diversions going on, plus overtime due to traffic.
The myllenium is 2457 and is on the X1 LOL what a treat for the passangers. Wonder if it was an extra or in place of a pulsar.
The Mylleniums are awful. A definite downgrade for the passengers that use the service..
The myllenium is a poor replacement and certainly a downgrade for the X1, 2457 isn't a bad bus, personally I don't have a major issue with mylleniums as a whole, just with a the bad ones.
Reference URL's