Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04/03/2013 17:50)gka472l Wrote: [ -> ]
(04/03/2013 16:34)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote: [ -> ]
(04/03/2013 12:36)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Was this on just one journey around the busway?!

It was an 82A To Liverpool, And the bus 5007, Then at Runcorn Depot, 5003 Was our bus (I belive that one crashed on the 82A??)

Then Cadet 2515 (Awful bus!) Took us the rest of the way

5003 looked fine yesterday.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/852...otostream/

It wasnt bad so it never took long to fix
MX13AAO 5004 Photographed today by me Working a X30 Service

Photo 1 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/
Photo 2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/
(04/03/2013 18:38)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]MX13AAO 5004 Photographed today by me Working a X30 Service

Photo 1 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/
Photo 2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/

Do you know the fleet numbers of the other 2 on there?

Was there any on the 21 do you know? I seen 2940 take over the 4pm
Out on the busway circulars 1 and 2 this afternoon were 5003, 5005, 5006, 5009 and a surprise in the form of soon to depart Pulsar 2952. This was subbed off at approximately 14.00 in favour of 5002 giving a uniform line-up for the 1/2.

I was very impressed with the EcoCitys. They are sleek and very quiet on the move, comfortable and spacious internally and of the four I sampled today (the above, with the exception of 5003), all were excellent. 5005 in particular stands out as one of the best production single deckers I've ridden for a long time. The livery, which looked a little lacklustre in pictures, does look a lot better in the flesh and overall I think they're quite good looking buses - even the roof pod is forgivable!

Their seating arrangement is DP43F with the back few rows being raised noticeably higher than the norm. All rows I used offered plentiful legroom, including the rearmost, which are also head-rested Esteban Civics rather than the bench-like (and often hard) sort the Pulsars offer.

Really the main issue with these so far is the double pram situation. All four of my journeys featured prams at some point, and often three or four were on board at different times throughout the 20 minute trips. As mentioned earlier, the nature of the route means it is a vital connection for mothers, so the inability of this type to carry double prams seems a retrograde step. This is unfortunate because on the whole these buses are fantastic.

Also rode on Pulsar 3139 and Cadet 2535. The Pulsar was slightly disappointing, offering a somewhat crashy ride over certain roads. It also had minor graffiti and some burns on the rear seat row, seems odd as I wouldn't associate the X1 with vandalism. By contrast, I was pleasantly surprised with the Cadet. Although at speed it did suffer from the tuneless din that a lot of this type have in common, the ride was generally very smooth and it moved admirably. This was a busy journey - from my experiences of the 79C and 82A in recent weeks, full-size single decks ought to be considered.
(04/03/2013 19:44)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]Out on the busway circulars 1 and 2 this afternoon were 5003, 5005, 5006, 5009 and a surprise in the form of soon to depart Pulsar 2952. This was subbed off at approximately 14.00 in favour of 5002 giving a uniform line-up for the 1/2.

I was very impressed with the EcoCitys. They are sleek and very quiet on the move, comfortable and spacious internally and of the four I sampled today (the above, with the exception of 5003), all were excellent. 5005 in particular stands out as one of the best production single deckers I've ridden for a long time. The livery, which looked a little lacklustre in pictures, does look a lot better in the flesh and overall I think they're quite good looking buses - even the roof pod is forgivable!

Their seating arrangement is DP43F with the back few rows being raised noticeably higher than the norm. All rows I used offered plentiful legroom, including the rearmost, which are also head-rested Esteban Civics rather than the bench-like (and often hard) sort the Pulsars offer.

Really the main issue with these so far is the double pram situation. All four of my journeys featured prams at some point, and often three or four were on board at different times throughout the 20 minute trips. As mentioned earlier, the nature of the route means it is a vital connection for mothers, so the inability of this type to carry double prams seems a retrograde step. This is unfortunate because on the whole these buses are fantastic.

Also rode on Pulsar 3139 and Cadet 2535. The Pulsar was slightly disappointing, offering a somewhat crashy ride over certain roads. It also had minor graffiti and some burns on the rear seat row, seems odd as I wouldn't associate the X1 with vandalism. By contrast, I was pleasantly surprised with the Cadet. Although at speed it did suffer from the tuneless din that a lot of this type have in common, the ride was generally very smooth and it moved admirably. This was a busy journey - from my experiences of the 79C and 82A in recent weeks, full-size single decks ought to be considered.

Wonder we're 2952 has gone? One of my favourite pulsars that one!
(04/03/2013 19:56)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder we're 2952 has gone? One of my favourite pulsars that one!
I thought they had gone to Wythenshaw and Winsford

CX54 Edit - Long quote trimmed, please ensure you do this in future!
(04/03/2013 20:21)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote: [ -> ]
(04/03/2013 19:56)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder we're 2952 has gone? One of my favourite pulsars that one!
I thought they had gone to Wythenshaw and Winsford

Soon find out!

CX54 Edit - Long quote trimmed, please ensure you do this in future!
Apparently they are all going to Wythenshawe now rather than Winsford and probably have been all along, just something lost in translation which resulted in the rumours of them going to Winsford.
Has anyone seen 3137 today?

(04/03/2013 21:00)K853 MTJ Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently they are all going to Wythenshawe now rather than Winsford and probably have been all along, just something lost in translation which resulted in the rumours of them going to Winsford.

I get told rubbish lol, I had a feeling they might of went there
(04/03/2013 21:02)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]I get told rubbish lol, I had a feeling they might of went there
Probably best not to post speculation unless it's either confirmed or from a very reliable source then ;-)
Reference URL's