Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do agree from that photo it seems slightly depressing inside. Not overly fussed on leather seats full stop in all honesty, and the Arriva inscription in the headrests looks ugly. I thought the demonstrator Arriva had at Green Lane had a superb interior - pity they haven't kept more of the features of that.
I'm in agreement with pretty much everyone here. Those EcoCitys look the part on the exterior but look pretty dull on the interior. Then again there's not much light going on in that pic so maybe it'll look better once out n about.

Also having used the X1 Pulsars, the leather seats really are comfortable.
Not the brightest of interiors but it cant be said Arriva are being tight fisted when it comes to spec. I would have preferred seating similar to the demos but from an operators perspective it is standard seating and makes it much easier to maintain. The interior may also appear much brighter in the daylight. This is a real step forward for Arriva in the search for alternative fuels and also for Runcorn bus users and the quality of the buses providing the service.
Might look better out on the road with natural lighting as the lighting in the NEC isnt the best.
I quite like the interior and the exterior
Whilst the other seats will probably have been better there really isn't any need for them to be added. Its not like the passengers are going to benefit massively anyways as the 1/2 are hardly long distance services by any stretch of the imagination. From a financial point of view it would just be needless extra cost. To be honest I'm surprised they haven't gone with bog standard seating!
(07/11/2012 12:25)K853 MTJ Wrote: [ -> ]Not the brightest of interiors but it cant be said Arriva are being tight fisted when it comes to spec.
Ironic though that this is one of the occasions whereby Arriva being tight fisted may have been better(!); a lack of leather seating and the presence of fabric seating would have provided some much needed colour in my opinion. Though, that said, a normal passenger is no doubt going to see leather seats and think 'posh'.
(07/11/2012 14:30)J654UHN Wrote: [ -> ]Might look better out on the road with natural lighting as the lighting in the NEC isnt the best.
I agree; in that photo particularly, the back end of the vehicle is shrouded in darkness which probably isn't making it look its best! Although an injection of coloured blue plastics wouldn't have gone amiss here, I think that, with the lighting on and some natural lighting entering the vehicle, it should look good.
You should just be thankful that they have invested in the fleet at runcorn as they had a relitivley young fleet LOL buy its true as a regular passenger wouldnt be to bothered about the colours inside just so long as they turn up on time,are warm and comfortable as leather seats would really make passengers think its posh and swanky.
Judging by the reaction that the X1 Pulsars got, the EcoCity's will be extremely well received by the public.
I agree MM, contrary to what I thought previously, Runcorn must be doing something Wright! (Bus related pun there... anyone?) :-P
From the feed back off passangers who use the X1 they claim they are really nice and comfortable compared to the buses they have had on there in the past and are made up runcorns fleet is getting investment,as K853 says the people of runcorn will welcome these with open arms as they are a full size bus with plenty of space with a lot better comfort for passengers. All i say is that they will take runcorn by storm imo.
DAF/Cadet X419 AJA (2419) was on the 79C this evening.
Reference URL's