Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm afraid my memories of the ex-MTL B10Bs were of rough and bouncy rides and awful seats with neither enough padding nor legroom. It always astounded me that Arriva kept these buses on their longer-distance routes like Liverpool - Southport, St Helens and Skelmersdale for years after the takeover. I lived in Kensington for a couple of years and used to dread a B10B turning up. Even a Paladin or Flyte had much more appeal (and legroom) than those.

Pulsars are certainly not perfect but in my opinion they get a raw deal on here. The ride is better than a B10B, Marshall Dart etc. from my point of view, and the seats are hugely improved on the B10B's modular offerings. Sure, the Runcorn ones aren't the best, but plenty of other examples are decent. It's just their lack of capacity on major routes that really grates.
Well we can't all have the same opinion can we, personally I am not a fan of pulsars but I will agree that the seats are better than on the B1OB's/BLE'S/B6'S AND X Plated cadets. The B10B's naturally got rougher as they got older but that's life, personally when they were newer I thought they were miles better than these pulsars. As for marshalls, well didnt like them new or at any other time, they have always been shake rattle and roll. This is just my opinion by the way.
3137 on the 79C this afternoon
With regards to the B10's, I've driven quite a few and I have to say generally, they still drive really nicely....even at 15 years old they have lasted the course..
The B10 is one of the best buses built in my opinion and were well loved by many drivers they were strong and could run forever
Not living in the area but I wonder whether any of Arriva Runcorn's services have been affected by the incident on Runcorn Widnes bridge today, apparently its still ongoing from 11:50 this morning, good job this wasn't a weekday else it would have been gridlock in the area
Anybody know why the 82A was going through Penketh tonight heading towards Warrington?
As I mentioned Runcorn-Widnes bridge has been shut since 11:50 this morning as a man has scaled the bridge and is currently refusing to come down, so I'm guessing some imaginative routes have been used to get to/from Runcorn and Liverpool
Its because a man has scaled the Runcorn Bridge at 11.45 today forcing the police to close it to traffic, this was still ongoing an hour ago, don't know if it still is.
Yeah just been reading on the news its still closed. One hell of a diversion for the 82A....lets hope the poor drivers whom are not familiar with Warrington dont get lost...
Reference URL's