Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18/07/2012 20:05)27701 Wrote: [ -> ]Commander CX06 BHZ (2588) was on the 79C today.
This was just on loan here for a few days. It returned to Speke today, however Runcorn's drivers didn't enjoy having it - apparently, it was very slow and it only managed speeds under 40-MPH. (Credit to a reliable Runcorn-based source.)
(19/07/2012 20:11)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]If you dont mind me asking guys from what source have you heard from that they are desperate at this moment in time??

Its been this way for a while now, someone I used to know that used to work there said that sometimes early morning or late night trips would be dropped due to a lack of drivers, apparently they do struggle, a lot like the Cadets really!
Why do they struggle to recuit? Is it the trips they do from Runcorn that put people off or something?
they took a few people on but only one was able pass all their tests
(19/07/2012 21:21)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do they struggle to recuit? Is it the trips they do from Runcorn that put people off or something?

Not sure what it is. It may be the allocation of Cadets, the nature of the routes (Notably the 79C, 82A and X30 being rather long and punishing routes), I mean would you want to drive a slow rattly Cadets for over 2 hours straight, which would turn into 4 hours in a return journey as well.
I hardly think it's down to the fleet. If you are going to refuse work cos there is a chance you could get a bad bus then don't work in the industry. People at this moment in time really cannot be that picky with jobs. It will more likely be down to pay, conditions, locations, hours etc.
I got told told Arriva paid well compared to the likes of First etc (off Wigan nightbus staff dont know if this applies...)
A company can pay well but if you have to out lay a fair chunk of your wages out just to get to work then its a non starter.
According to Mark Youdan on ANW&W Yahoo, 3140 MX12 KVR was in service on the X1 today.
just got news from driver friend at runcorn, looks like they given up on 1047 as its parked at bottom of depot

the pulsar 2's was launched today and one went out, the rest will be out as from tomoz
Reference URL's