Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That 7642 has been a problem bus for a few years now with blown engines etc and they have probably finally given up with it, I havent ridden that one since it was at Skelmersdale. Amazing how these Marshalls have dropped off in the last 6-8 months when you consider that 7533 is still in service in Wales.
I would use the excuse that 7533 has had a new engine and gearbox, but 7642 has had a new engine as well, so it is puzzling, but it is one of the mysteries of life! :-P haha
With 7642, it is repairable, but questions are being asked on whether its really worth it. Maybe if it was refurbished, things would be different and thered be more to lose by withdrawing it.
DK55 FWZ is unbranded which means that is one defininetly on the move, cant remember off the top of my head another unbranded one, but Im sure there is another.
(19/02/2013 09:37)K853 MTJ Wrote: [ -> ]I would use the excuse that 7533 has had a new engine and gearbox, but 7642 has had a new engine as well, so it is puzzling, but it is one of the mysteries of life! :-P haha
With 7642, it is repairable, but questions are being asked on whether its really worth it. Maybe if it was refurbished, things would be different and thered be more to lose by withdrawing it.
DK55 FWZ is unbranded which means that is one defininetly on the move, cant remember off the top of my head another unbranded one, but Im sure there is another.

7533 may have had a new engine & gearbox but somebody thought it was worth persisting with, probably says more about these Marshall heaps why nobody wants to bother anymore and it is probably fallin apart somewhere else like at the tail or somewhere.
(19/02/2013 09:55)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that these cadets are moving on 2515 2523 2527 2541 2547 unsure about 2539

is 2515 destined to go to Wythenshawe to join 2514?
(19/02/2013 09:55)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that these cadets are moving on 2515 2523 2527 2541 2547 unsure about 2539

Its already been said that only 2 Cadets are leaving has it not? No more Cadets are set to leave just yet once the EcoCitys go into service.

(07/06/1970 13:18)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]7533 may have had a new engine & gearbox but somebody thought it was worth persisting with, probably says more about these Marshall heaps why nobody wants to bother anymore and it is probably fallin apart somewhere else like at the tail or somewhere.

The new engine and gearbox is the whole reason it is still in service, along with the extensive refurbishment it received a few years ago that none others received while, co-incidentally enough, at Runcorn depot. It still owes Arriva money, or at least it did when all others were withdrawn, hence it has lived on :-) However its days are very much numbered!
I don't think that many will leave my self, that is what I got told
The only way that many would leave is if the Pulsars were staying, however it has been known for a while that they will be departing for pastures new unfortunatly.
Pulsars 2939 and 2950 both on the 82A
Also 2527 broke down in runcorn old town

Rode on cadet 2547 today it was terrible made a constant banging noise and when it moved off it sounded like a volvo B7L from speke and was very slow, also had a ride on 2543 on the 110 difference is unbelievable very fast no rattles at all just a few squeaks!
Credit to Ray Barber, the press launch for 5000-5009 will be on Friday 1st March at Runcorn depot. If anyone fancies a photo! The first five will enter service later in the day around 13:00 booking off buses already on there. The rest will enter service the following week on the 21 and X30.

HTIOI
[quote='V671 DVU' pid='30025' dateline='1361471173']
Credit to Ray Barber, the press launch for 5000-5009 will be on Friday 1st March at Runcorn depot. If anyone fancies a photo! The first five will enter service later in the day around 13:00 booking off buses already on there. The rest will enter service the following week on the 21 and X30.

I thought they were all out on the same day?
Reference URL's