Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16/12/2020 22:06)NathanR Wrote: [ -> ]2494 was on the 18 today and was tracking from the same area, maybe it's a glitch?

It's like with Southport's ticket machine, in which it will be on the 47 next Monday, but it stands stationary in Crosby.

OT, sorry, but I did see last night that there was a stationary ‘vehicle’ in Formby numbered 44, and when I checked what vehicle it’s meant to be tracking as it showed as SP SO - the Southport spare machine. Later on though it disappeared and an E20D was making its way up to Southport on the 44.

Ive seen plenty of Runcorn buses here there and everywhere though, I think it’s a general glitch with Bus Times. I’ve seen an 82A with the ‘Last Tracked’ time way into the minus.
Would I be correct in assuming it’s the operator who runs the service that feeds Google Maps’ data?

The journey planner seems to think the Warrington journeys on the 62 are operated by Arriva and not WOB, and that they also cross Silver Jubilee.

Could just be a mistake, or maybe it could indicate former or future plans when the bridge reopens.
(17/12/2020 20:11)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Would I be correct in assuming it’s the operator who runs the service that feeds Google Maps’ data?

The journey planner seems to think the Warrington journeys on the 62 are operated by Arriva and not WOB, and that they also cross Silver Jubilee.

Could just be a mistake, or maybe it could indicate former or future plans when the bridge reopens.

I think that the raw GPS and time data comes from ETM data which is usually hosted by the ETM supplier, in the case of Arriva, Ticketer. If the operator of a service is being wrongly reported I expect that to be the bustimes own database. Wrong bus numbers are almost always the fault of whoever last mounted the ETM on the bus [engineering or supervisory staff in general] who have to reassign the fleet number before it goes in service. ETMs usually get their system time from t'internet. Sometimes the 4G signal gets lost [isolated areas or sim card issues] and the ETM can lose the plot.
(17/12/2020 20:11)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Would I be correct in assuming it’s the operator who runs the service that feeds Google Maps’ data?

Google Maps is fed currently by the Traveline database I believe. I'm sure they haven't jumped on open data yet.
Thank you both cfm146g and iMarkeh. It would make sense if Traveline supplies the data, as I’ve noticed a lot of inconsistencies with them. Proves the lack of communication without OBD in place!
Long time absentee 5004 has been on the 61 this week
(23/12/2020 15:57)507022 Wrote: [ -> ]Long time absentee 5004 has been on the 61 this week

It as been back on the road now for several months
Arrriva have cancelled the X1 from January on VOSA so it appears MP Travel will continue for a long time yet
(24/12/2020 10:09)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Arrriva have cancelled the X1 from January on VOSA so it appears MP Travel will continue for a long time yet

Why do you think that????
Now MP Travel are operating it on behalf of Arriva so Arriva will be covering the costs involved, If MP Travel did decide to register the service, they will have to cover all of this.
I would say around 75% of passengers using this service have either Arriva Weekly & Day tickets and feed into the X1 from other Arriva services
Does anyone happen to have any update on the X1 please? On BusTimes the notes just say “Cancellation of Service”. Looking like it may become a tendered service?
Reference URL's