Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08/10/2017 05:51)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if its usual but Runcorn had a Cadet out on X1s yesterday while one of the X1 branded Sapphires was out on 110s.

There was a sapphire on 79C as well
Well just seen on the Arriva Facebook that owing to them been given short notice about the bridge opening on Saturday that all routes will stay as present meaning they will all still go to the High St then the new bridge for now,
So the 110 & X1 will still call here,

Come on they have had since 2014 to sort it and as been common knowledge for the last few weeks it is about to open,

With some luck as some drivers have been saying this my prove that there is no need to have changed the routes just do as Halton Transport and go direct from High St to the new bridge

Now here is an odd service it is the 982 one trip a day https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publict...ble982.pdf

This in fact a staff bus starting at the Airport at 05.30 following the 82A route to Widnes but also going to Hough Stn and Liverpool Rd until Green Oaks then over to Runcorn Depot this bus is just so Arriva do not have to pay the toll across the bridge, before this a van could be used

come on they have had since 2014 to sort it and as been common knowledge for the last few weeks
Dont know what had happened today but there was 2 Gas 82As virtually behind each other heading to Runcorn in Garston followed by an OOS X1 Pulsar, while at Aigburth Vale a bit further down there was 2 82As heading inbound one was 45mins late one was 15mins!! I saw them all around 230pm
(13/10/2017 14:59)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know what had happened today but there was 2 Gas 82As virtually behind each other heading to Runcorn in Garston followed by an OOS X1 Pulsar, while at Aigburth Vale a bit further down there was 2 82As heading inbound one was 45mins late one was 15mins!! I saw them all around 230pm

This will have been the problems still affecting Runcorn & Widnes with the Merseygate Way
Lets see what happens after tonight as the bridge open's at 00.00hrs.0 sec the 14th,

The first buses to cross in service should be on 79A and 82A both around 00.30hrs towards Runcorn
(13/10/2017 18:33)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]This will have been the problems still affecting Runcorn & Widnes with the Merseygate Way
Lets see what happens after tonight as the bridge open's at 00.00hrs.0 sec the 14th,

The first buses to cross in service should be on 79A and 82A both around 00.30hrs towards Runcorn

That should be 79C
(13/10/2017 14:59)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know what had happened today but there was 2 Gas 82As virtually behind each other heading to Runcorn in Garston followed by an OOS X1 Pulsar, while at Aigburth Vale a bit further down there was 2 82As heading inbound one was 45mins late one was 15mins!! I saw them all around 230pm
Went for my last ride (for now) over the old bridge today, and there were some big traffic queues on the Widnes side of the bridge.
2499 is back in service and was on the 110 today. 709 was on the 79c earlier today too.
Is everything running okay and to time following the opening of the new bridge?
Would be interesting to hear again after the first proper weekday of use too.
2522 is still off the road and has been for some time, think it's safe to say it won't see service again.
Been over the new Mersey Gateway bridge and must say that both Arriva & Halton Transport buses are looking fantastic crossing the main part over the river with the towers as a back drop,

Just a pity that is impossible to get any photos of the owing to there been no access only for vehicles
Reference URL's