Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only problem with the current one is it's built on the Strand. It can take a bus up to 7 minutes at certain times of the day to get as far as the Victoria Statue, because as you leave the bus station, you hit the first lights at the crossing, then you hit the second much busier crossing, then you have to wait for the light sequence to allow buses to turn right, and then on james St = more lights, Debenhams = more lights, then there is a set on North John St, then 2/3 Victoria St (Depending on which way you turn into Queen Sq) and then 3 as you approach Queen Sq from Crosshall Street.

It's another reason why have of the buses that used to serve here such as Stagecoach have turned to using Mann Island or Dale St, or Queen Sq as a turn around point, and only serving here in the night and Sundays. Plus it doesn't have the capacity in the layover for a lot of buses
As a driver who drove the 82A and 79C service, Liverpool One was a nightmare. The parking area was always congested, the traffic lights stayed on red for an eternity and then it was a case of trying to get on stand. I don't think I ever left on time...
(13/08/2013 09:52)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem with the current one is it's built on the Strand. It can take a bus up to 7 minutes at certain times of the day to get as far as the Victoria Statue, because as you leave the bus station, you hit the first lights at the crossing, then you hit the second much busier crossing, then you have to wait for the light sequence to allow buses to turn right, and then on james St = more lights, Debenhams = more lights, then there is a set on North John St, then 2/3 Victoria St (Depending on which way you turn into Queen Sq) and then 3 as you approach Queen Sq from Crosshall Street.

It's another reason why have of the buses that used to serve here such as Stagecoach have turned to using Mann Island or Dale St, or Queen Sq as a turn around point, and only serving here in the night and Sundays. Plus it doesn't have the capacity in the layover for a lot of buses

True, but even from Mann Island it can take a while to get through to Queen Square but certainly not as long as from L1. Personally, I try not to use L1 bus station if my bus is going out that way. The bus stations in Liverpool City Centre are not the best for movement.
queen square is worst with all the tunnel traffic no wonder 53's are getting rerouted by arriva to avoid the tunnels
(13/08/2013 10:53)Harryn9000 Wrote: [ -> ]queen square is worst with all the tunnel traffic no wonder 53's are getting rerouted by arriva to avoid the tunnels

Queen Square is bad as when there is a breakdown it can cause chaos if in the wrong place, although the wrong place is most of the bus station.
Fact of the matter is that Liverpool one bus station is to small and although the facilities and architecture is uptodate the traffic handling situation is diabolical. As for queen square! If something breaks down in the middle of the lane (which has happened before today) it can depending on the fault and response time of busses being rerouted there can be a backlog of near 100 vechile's clogging the streets, if something takes its time at stand 1 that has also been known to cause problems, a minute or so late from stand one has the potential to cause problems due to were it is positioned. It is a risk, and fact of the matter here is that queen square could do with 2 lanes either side as well as a additional 3-5 stands either side. Dont get why they build bus stations to a scale that cant keep up with modern demand, I mean space isnt a massive issue all thats needed is better planning. RANT OVER!
I think queen square should have been left the way it was when it was the roe st gyratory one long line of shelters which could have just been modernised and 3-4 lanes each way plenty of room back then!
2459 is now here in place of 2522 which broke down in green oaks yesterday

2554 broke down in the old town on sunday and needed towing back to the depot
(15/08/2013 07:29)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]2459 is now here in place of 2522 which broke down in green oaks yesterday

2554 broke down in the old town on sunday and needed towing back to the depot

Any idea how long?
Plaxton prestige 2475 on 79c today.
Reference URL's