Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GHA Update 5th May 2018

Following the demise of GHA in July 2016 Flintshire County Council retrieved seven vehicles that had been on loan to GHA. Four of these were Optare Versas with wooden floors and leather seats and had been used on the SP1/2 Ellesmere Port service. The four Versas then went into store in Flint until last month when they were eventually entered into an auction in Manchester. YJ09OTS, which had been accident damaged and was also involved in a previous incident when a wheel fell off due to lack of maintenance, has been purchased by Llew Jones of Llanrwst and it has been repaired and now in service mostly on the X19 Llandudno to Llanrwst route. The three other Versas YJ09OTN/P/R were purchased at the auction by the former Directors of GHA who trade as Davies Motors and they have a base at the former GHA depot in Ruthin. Apparently they will be on sale soon after some repairs. <Photo of YJ09OTP>

In addition a number of vehicles were recovered from GHA in 2016 by finance companies. Most of these went to auctions but a number went to Harrington/ Baker Brothers in Biddulph. Quite a few of this batch were unsold and they eventually went to auction in Whitchurch last November. Two of these vehicles, Solo CN06BXS and Dart SF04ZXC, were purchased by Davies Motors at the auction. The Solo has been sold on to Nefyn Coaches but the Dart is currently for sale.

Details of the disposal of all of the GHA Coaches fleet which I have recently updated can be found on my website at LINK. A number of vehicles have not been taxed since the demise and are now assumed to have been purchased for breaking. However I have a short list of six vehicles that are thought to be in use but I have not been able to trace the current owners. ANY HELP to trace these will be appreciated. They are:-

W465WGH Volvo B7TL Plaxton President
CN57EFC Volvo B7RLE Plaxton Centro (sold at auction Whitchurch Nov 17)
CN57EFD Volvo B7RLE Plaxton Centro (sold at auction Whitchurch Nov 17)
WX05XVN MB Sprinter 413cdi / UV Modular
OEZ2159 MB 411CDI / Stanford
BV57XZM LDV Maxus / LDV
YJ09OTS was repared By Express Motors of Penygroes
(05/05/2018 16:48)DLG817 Wrote: [ -> ].
GHA Update 5th May 2018

Following the demise of GHA in July 2016 Flintshire County Council retrieved seven vehicles that had been on loan to GHA. Four of these were Optare Versas with wooden floors and leather seats and had been used on the SP1/2 Ellesmere Port service. The four Versas then went into store in Flint until last month when they were eventually entered into an auction in Manchester. YJ09OTS, which had been accident damaged due to a wheel falling off, has been purchased by Llew Jones of Llanrwst and it has been repaired and now in service mostly on the X19 Llandudno to Llanrwst route. The three other Versas YJ09OTN/P/R were purchased at the auction by the former Directors of GHA who trade as Davies Motors and they have a base at the former GHA depot in Ruthin. Apparently they will be on sale soon after some repairs. <Photo of YJ09OTP>

In addition a number of vehicles were recovered from GHA in 2016 by finance companies. Most of these went to auctions but a number went to Harrington/ Baker Brothers in Biddulph. Quite a few of this batch were unsold and they eventually went to auction in Whitchurch last November. Two of these vehicles, Solo CN06BXS and Dart SF04ZXC, were purchased by Davies Motors at the auction. The Solo has been sold on to Nefyn Coaches but the Dart is currently for sale.

Details of the disposal of all of the GHA Coaches fleet which I have recently updated can be found on my website at LINK. A number of vehicles have not been taxed since the demise and are now assumed to have been purchased for breaking. However I have a short list of six vehicles that are thought to be in use but I have not been able to trace the current owners. ANY HELP to trace these will be appreciated. They are:-

W465WGH Volvo B7TL Plaxton President
CN57EFC Volvo B7RLE Plaxton Centro (sold at auction Whitchurch Nov 17)
CN57EFD Volvo B7RLE Plaxton Centro (sold at auction Whitchurch Nov 17)
WX05XVN MB Sprinter 413cdi / UV Modular
OEZ2159 MB 411CDI / Stanford
BV57XZM LDV Maxus / LDV

Unless they’re using a stock photo, one of the Centros is at Stafford bus centre - saw it advertised earlier in week.
(05/05/2018 18:37)djb Wrote: [ -> ]Unless they’re using a stock photo, one of the Centros is at Stafford bus centre - saw it advertised earlier in week.

It looks like they sold it - LINK - they must be slow in updating their website. Also they have it as a MAN - year 2008 and 58 reg which are all incorrect.
CN57 EFC is with hattons travel
(05/05/2018 22:20)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]CN57 EFC is with hattons travel
Thank you for this - I have updated my records - do you know how long they have had it please?
(08/05/2018 13:40)DLG817 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this - I have updated my records - do you know how long they have had it please?

Since before christmas i think
(08/05/2018 14:51)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Since before christmas i think

Thought they’d had it longer. September sounds about right but it only ever does school runs.
(08/05/2018 14:54)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Thought they’d had it longer. September sounds about right but it only ever does school runs.

I cant remember the exact date but just know it was before christmas but Seen it out on the 12 the other day.
Saw it leave the depot with service 12 on the dests this morning, then saw it this afternoon on the East Lancs displaing "school service".
Reference URL's