Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19/02/2017 22:12)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies, but I've lost track of the disposals of this once large fleet. Are any of the following still "on the premises" or otherwise awaiting sale:
Olympians, H109 GEV, N622 KUA, S644 KJU Versa MX58 AAU

Solos T789 KNW, YJ54 BUW/UND/ZYF, YJ60 KBN

tia

My list is HERE - still a few to trace.
Looks like MX58 AAU has finally reappeared: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nick1208/33740520862/
I've been away to West Midlands over the weekend. I've spotted ex-GHA Optare Solo YJ59GFY at Dudley town centre today. YJ59GFY now new owner with Diamond (Rotala company) wear navy blue allover livery.
YJ54 BUW seen in Holyhead yesterday, Still in GHA colours with Stena Line branding and the number 4
Wasn't GHA owned by the Davis brothers??

Looks like there sticking with the industry and have set up a 'bus breakers and dealers' business from Ruthin.
(28/09/2017 22:33)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't GHA owned by the Davis brothers??

Looks like there sticking with the industry and have set up a 'bus breakers and dealers' business from Ruthin.

Seems so- the business is at same address as gha's Ruthin base.
(29/09/2017 05:31)djb Wrote: [ -> ]Seems so- the business is at same address as gha's Ruthin base.

Yes and true to form they appear to be operating illegally as they don't have the appropriate licences to operate a vehicle dismantlers / scrap metal business from the premises Hammer
Hopefully Natural Resources Wales aren't as slow to react to a company flouting the law as VOSA and the TC were previously....
Well they do have experience in breaking buses under GHA. They took on decent new buses and allowed them to break through poor maintenance. Wink
(29/09/2017 11:50)CTL45 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and true to form they appear to be operating illegally as they don't have the appropriate licences to operate a vehicle dismantlers / scrap metal business from the premises Hammer
Hopefully Natural Resources Wales aren't as slow to react to a company flouting the law as VOSA and the TC were previously....

Doesn't surprise me one bit infact when I saw their advertisement on Facebook last night I couldn't help but laugh.
Shortly after the collapse of GHA some ten vehicles were re-possessed by Close Brothers Finance and were taken to the yard of Bakers Travel, Knypersley, Stoke-On-Trent and offered for sale by Harringtons. During the last 15 months only AA06 GHA, WX05 XVN and W465 WGH appear to have been sold. The latter, which is a President, to a dance troupe in the Eccles area. The other seven have now been taken to an auction and are to be sold on 11th November 2017. - LINK -
Reference URL's